CHAPTER 16

this chapter is dedicated to Harmony2005

It's funny how complicated we humans can be sometimes, we can be feeling a dozen emotions at once but if someone were to ask us how we are doing, we ironically tell them that everything is fine even if everything is topsy turvey. It's funny because it seems like there is an internal programming within us to act a certain way in social conventions but it's a paradox because we are human beings and unlike machine, we not only feel just one thing but multiple things at once.

People call humans the superior race because we are capable of almost anything but if that were really true why aren't we capable of shutting down our emotions to limit it to one at a time. But sadly the closest one can accomplish is just to pretend to have things under control even if we have nothing under control. Damien saved me. The arrogant selfish damien whom i met a few months back was now the man who satyed back for my sake. I knew i was facing a mixture of emotions. I just couldn't comprehend wether it was the gratitude or shock or confusion which was dominant. And let's not leave out worry and panic.

When i decided to come with damien to the hospital, i had no idea they were taking him to the same hospital where my brother was working. But i knew i had to tell him about it sooner or later. It seemed like it had to be sooner for a minute. It was only after reaching the hospital that i realised that it was sam's day off. Atleast that's what one of the nurses told me when i asked about him. I sighed in relief at that. I was already worried about damien and the office. I didn't need to add my brother's wrath to the list.

The doctor ran some tests and fortunately everything was ok. He was fine. I breathed out a sigh of relief which i didn't know i was holding when i heard that. Damien's shoulder was going to heal in a weak's time according to doctor gilbert. He just needed to take it easy on physical activities as there was swelling and it was slightly sprained but luckily nothing was broken. Guess no physical activity meant that he couldn't sleep around too much . i smiled at the thought but then frowned at myself. Why would i care if he slept along or not? The office was going to be under renovation anyway and i wouldn't have to deal with any of his obscene calls. He could do whatever he wanted to for all i cared. I was brought out of my thoughts when damien snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"Rebecca, where are you lost now?" he asked.

"you can do whatever with whome ever for all i care." I blurted out, a little louder than i intended to. I watched as damien's facial expressions convert to one of confusion and i could feel my face heating up.

"what?"

"uh um uh nothing at all. haha." I stuttered like a mad person.

Damien's facial expression changed from confusion to smugness instantly.

"what?'' i asked him raising my eyebrows.

"nothing at all." he said smirking.

Agghh. This guy is so infuriating. First he is a jackass then he's sweet. He helped me save a life and on top of that he didn't leave me when i couldn't go on. But then he wanted me to go ahead and was hesitant at taking my help when he was injured.

"damien why were you hesitant at accepting my help when you were hurt.'' I asked curiously.

"because i don't like needing anyone's help Rebecca." he replied blantly.

What the hell. He help me didn't he? It's ok for him to help out but it's not ok for him to take help? What kind of a logic is that?

"if you hadn't taken my help, you would have been able to make it out."