Prologue

Her Sacrifice

 Prologue

“I was waiting for your phone call, to bring your release, but instead nothing no call instead we traced the call and guess our surprise when your babysitter answered.”

He gave me a moment for it all to sink in. I had been stupid to call Mrs. Gooden I had been desperate and thoughtless and look where it led me my angels know of. Before I could threaten him into not getting my angels involved another officer walked in. I didn’t remember his name but he was frequently present at other interviews.

The officer placed a laptop in front of me on the table opening up the lid so that I could see the screen straight away a familiar voice met my ears. Unconsciously I sat straighter and leaned in.

“Where’s my mum?” Grace asked she sat on a red sofa, Katie sitting next to her. Katie was silent but her eyes darted around the room as if waiting for me to burst out at any moment, Grace had a comforting arm around Katie as always I could rely on her to look after her sister.

There were two adults were also sitting in the room. They also sat on red couches across from Katie and Grace both with big smiles on their faces. “What is your mum like?” Said the one sitting on the left, she had shiny black hair tied up in a ponytail. I immediately started assessing her as a threat, she was short and thin from excessive dieting. I guessed as she lifted her hand to tucking away a strand of hair, the muscles in her arm as she moved, there was minimal muscle movement. She would be easy to incapacitate but the one sitting on the right was different, she was tall with blonde hair tied back so tight I was surprised it didn’t hurt. She was older and defiantly worked out, she was probably a field agent and would be harder but not impossible to take down.

“She is a good cook, she is nice, she reads me stories, she plays with me, she brushes my hair and she helps me with my ABC’s” Katie said sitting up straight with a smile on her face listing all the activities se loved to so with me.

“Has your mother ever hurt you?” Asked the woman sitting on the right with black hair.

“Never” Grace said straight away. Both my angles had horrified expressions on their faces. Truthfully I was as horrified as them for I would never hurt my angles but I kept the stone mask on my face not letting my anger at such a theory show for I knew the agents were watching my reactions carefully.

“Does your mum ever use violence?”

“No mum says violence is never the answer.” Katie whispered looking at the interrogators with a look as if she thought they were crazy and belonged in a strait jacket. I found it ironic as I was always telling Grace and Katie this when my job was anchored in violence one of the agents shared my amusement unlike me he showed it as he chuckled, I gave him a sharp look before turning back to the laptop.

“What is your mum’s job?”

Katie opened her mouth ready to answer. Katie trusted anyone with out question it was as if she believed the world was with out indecent people and lies. Sadly she was wrong. Grace who had been eyeing the two women throughout the questioning now cut Katie off. “Can we see our mum or Mrs. Gooden please?” Grace said.

I saw the women sitting on the right open her mouth but before I could hear what she was about to say the agent who had brought the laptop in, pushed the screen down forcefully making a slamming sound. Slowly I lifted my head from the laptop to look the agent in the eye making sure first that my mask of stone was intact.

“Is there a problem” I said as calmly as if what I had just seen had scared me, inside I was screaming on the outside I had an air that nothing mattered.

The agent seemed to believe my façade for he made a sound of disbelief. “We have your children and you don’t even care.” He said angry, at this moment I saw the wedding ring on his hand.

“I guess it might be hard to believe with your own children” I said more as statement then a question his reaction supported this theory and his next words confirmed it.

The agent burst from his seat. “How do you know? Have you been watching me.” He shouted he was defiantly paranoid and unstable I thought he had a test for these things like stale mental health.

“Don’t flatter yourself, I wouldn’t waste my time on you.” I said coolly.

“Then how the hell did you know.” He shouted. The agent sitting next to him sat up straight and placed a hand on his arm, trying to calm him down as the agent let his emotions rule.

“Better control your agent wouldn’t want him to be unprofessional.” I said to the agent who was still sitting calmly.

“Go take a breather.” The agent whispered to the other one.

“Not until she tells me how she knew about my kids.” He shouted. He was either unstable, a very paranoid parent or was on edge because of lack of sleep, sex or both, or a combination of all four.

“I know that you have children because of your reaction. Now why don’t you run along and take a breather so that the adults can talk.” I said slowly so that every word I said sank in slowly. His expression turned from embarrassment to full on rage. I bet he was ready to hit me.

Before he could make a move the other agent grabbed his arm again tightly and whispered. “Breather now” The agent gave a slight nod before shaking him off and walking towards the door giving me a look of hatred the whole way if looks could kill I would be dead and mummified.

Once the door was closed the agent left behind turned back to me a look of stone on his face much like the mask I had kept the whole time except mine was more secure his kept slipping.

“So what am I going to do with you?” He asked.

“Well you could always give me another phone call and let my kids go.” I said sounding calm while behind the mask all I wanted was to reverse time. So that instead of calling my babysitter, I called my boss that way I would be home by now, the police would be frustrated again for losing me, I would be tucking Grace and Katie in bed, they would never have even stepped inside the police station and would be asleep for school tomorrow. Instead the police knew I had children, my boss would soon know and so would everyone I ever hurt. All giving them leverage over me and most important I might of just ruined my angles’ lives.

“You’re an assassin with kids why would I do that.”

**IMPORTANT PLEASE READ**

This is the start but there is 3 ways I could go with this story:

1)      I could do this first chapter as an prologue and start the book and this where I finish, how she is caught and then I do a sequel in how she gets out of the mess and how people start coming after her children wanting to punish her

2)      This is the first Chapter and the agent asks her to explain how this happens and she tells her story and it goes further

3)      Book starts with this chapter and tells how she escapes and she protects her children

I don’t know which to do so im gonna put it to a vote PLEASE VOTE