다섯

{Breathe Me : Sia}

[this is the final chapter +epilogue yikeeeees]

*
Michael hasn't left his apartment all day. This wasn't his and Calum's apartment anymore, it's his apartment. Calum was dead, he had left Michael all alone in this massive world.

This wouldn't have been the first time Michael was laying on what was Calum's side of the bed, but this was the first and last time he would be wearing one of Calum's shirts since his death.

Michael was engulfed into the Drop Dead shirt Calum had warn on their first date. The day Michael had his one and only lover.

Now, poor little Michael had spent the last week paying off his debts, bills, everything. He didn't want to leave anything for his mother to have to pay off for him.

Now the time had come, the darkness has completely covered any source of light Michael had left. Michael stood up, wiped away his remaining tears, walked into his kitchen and grabbed a sticky note and pen writing the words, "You know why" onto it and sticking it to the counter.

He walked over to the cabinet where he and Calum had stored all the prescription medicines, grabbed a few different orange bottles, walked over to the wine rack, grabbed a few bottles.

Michael took a seat at the dining room table that was rarely used, poured himself a glass of wine, popped open a few capsules. Downed a six glasses of wine, swallowed about forty pills.

Michael looked up at the spinning ceiling fan.[OBAMASCEILINGFAN sorry i'll continue] You see, he didn't believe in an afterlife. He didn't believe that when he died he'd be together with Calum once again, Michael knew that when you die you just die. Everything you've ever accomplished would have totaled up to nothing, and eventually you will be forgotten about.

Michael just didn't want to live without Calum. Before he met Calum, he wanted to die but he also felt like he had some reason to live before he passed. Now, his reason for living is gone, his only purpose for life was completed.

Michael could feel his vision fading, he had started to loose feeling in his arms and legs a few minutes previously. Before Michael left though, he used the power of technology to say some goodbyes.

"Hey Siri.."

"What can I do for you?"

"Text Luke, Ash and mum."

"What do you want to say to Luke, Ash, and mum?"

"I'm sorry, love you."

"Are you ready to send?"

Michael's whole body was numb now, "Yes."

"Sent"

Michael smiled to himself, he used what little strength he had left to look over to the photo of him and Calum that was framed.

It was taken by Luke from what he remembered. The two lovers decided to travel around strange places in the world in their second year anniversary, and in this photo the two were on the snowy ocean docks of Valdez, Alaska. They weren't facing the camera in the photo, but were looking out on the navy blue waters of the ocean, Michael leaning up against Calum's right shoulder, Calum's arm wrapped securely around the older one's waist.

Michael sighed out lightly, his last words being, "Happy anniversary my love." and then his vision fully blacked out, his heart let out a few struggling beats before giving up completely, and the life of what was Michael Gordon Clifford faded out completely.

[ :-) ]