❀ Chapter 4: Acquaintances

❣ Celestine's POV ❣

"Emotions. The dictionary defines itself as an affective state of consciousness in which joy, sorrow, fear, hate, or the like, is experienced, as distinguished from cognitive and volitional states of consciousness. So what makes you happy or sad?" Mrs. Joanna starts and pauses.

"I would like for you guys to pair up and talk about it. Observe what the other person's facial expressions is like when they talk about it. You'd have a few days before you write a report. In the meantime, try reliving the happy moments and observe them. You may start quietly." She said and sat down.

Everyone started to pair up as I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to face Jessyn. "Partner?" She mouthed as Jackson pouted. I giggled silently.

My gaze however, trailed to Storm. He was just sitting there staring out the window void of any emotions. I kinda felt bad for storming out on him a week ago. I looked back at Jessyn and Jackson.

"You guys go ahead, I owe someone an apology." I smiled and approached Storm. He finally teared his gaze from the window and looked at me.

"I.. Uh. I'm sorry for storming out on you last week." I blurted. Pun not intended. He nodded and stared out the window again.

I turned a chair and sat across him, "Wanna talk about your emotions?" I asked him nervously as he raised an eyebrow.

He sighed, "Why can't you leave me alone like everyone does? I don't want anything to do with you."

I know that I don't like him in that way, but his words pierced my heart. I was just trying to help, maybe make up to what I did to him that made him hate me.

"Look, I've been nothing but nice to you, at least acknowledge it." I seethed through gritted teeth. "I know I've been pranking you and making you mad but I'm trying to make it up!"

"Maybe it's best that I actually stay away." I added before I got up, ready to leave.

As I turned around to grab my bag, he called over.

"Wait!"

I turned to face him.

"I'll give it a go." He said, I smiled and happily plopped back down.

"So what makes you happy?"

"Nothing. I don't smile."

Don't smile? What the hell is that supposed to mean? I mean, I came from a rough patch and I smile even if it's once in a while.

I turned my head to the side and raised an eyebrow looking at him. "Come again?"

"As I said, I don't smile." He repeated as the bell rang. I couldn't help but feel bad for him. I know what it's like. I smiled softly at him.

"Don't worry I'll help you find your happiness." I smiled and slung my bag over my shoulders and turned to leave.

"Celestine?"

I turned around.

"Thanks. For uh, everything." He said. I searched his face for any dishonesty but it was sincere. He still didn't smile though. I nodded, "Your welcome." I smiled again before I left.

•••

After lunch with Jessyn and Jackson, I had free period. I quickly went to my locker to grab my sketchbook as a note glided down until it hit the floor. Quickly I picked it up and read it.

Celestine,

I'm sorry I was all grouchy at you even if you're trying to help me. A week ago, you tended to my wounds and I didn't even get the chance to say thanks before snapping at you. I feel bad, as you've said, and I hope you don't mind, but you told me we could talk about my emotions. I don't really know how to put it in audible words but I hope writing would help. I'm sorry for being a jerk all those times and thanks for helping. I hope we could be acquaintances.