Chapter 4

Well, hello again. So I wanted to write this for you, because I think you deserve it, staying with me for this long. So here is chapter 4! 

Hope you all like it, and I promise I will update soon again, giving you what you want. You will understand in the end of the chapter ;)

Nea xx

Ps. Here are the songs I listened to while I was writing. 

Basic instinct - The Acid

Blue Blood - Laurel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mary walked back to her chambers after she had calmed down from what had happened with the King and Francis. She could not understand what had happened overnight, to convince the King that hers and Francis marriage would take place in a week from now. She was happy, but confused. But she still knew that she was the only one happy about this, and the King it seemed.

The door to her chamber was already opened when she got there, and knowing it was closed when she left it this morning, she wondered who was in there. Maybe it was one of her ladies?

"Mary, we need to talk." Said a voice from her left when she walked into the room. It was Francis. Her heart started to beat harder, this was not what she was expecting.

"What are you doing here Francis?" She says as she turns towards where the voice was coming from. There he was, sitting in a chair next to the fire. The fire was shining bright next to him, making his face look incredibly beautiful.

Francis could hear her breath, and he had heard her question to him, but he could only look at her. Her hair had fallen out of the braid that had lain so beautifully against her chest this morning, and her cheeks were more pink than usual. Had she been running? He just wanted to stay in this moment forever.

"I hate that we always fight, Mary. Can we not just have a regular conversation, bride to groom?" He says after a while, still looking at her. He started to smile when he saw that she was shocked by his comment.

Mary did not know what to answer him. What did he mean by that? It had almost always been like this. Ever since she had come back from the convent.

"Please Mary. I know I have not been the greatest support since you came here. But I think if we are supposed to get married in a week we need to at least get along and be friends. I think that is a start." Francis said hopefully while walking closer to Mary, taking her hands one more time. He wanted to know if the sparks still were there. They were, and stronger than ever. He smiled at her, wondering if she could feel them as well.

"I... I could try that... I mean, I would like that." She answers and smiles back to him. The sparks growing between them, she let go of his hands, but still looking him in the eyes. She did not know what to say to him, and it was only now she could really see his eyes. They were a beautiful shade of blue, the bluest.

Francis could feel how his heart started to beat faster in his chest, and a big smile started to spread on his face, even though she had let his hands go.

"Good! That makes me happy." He says to her and before he can say another word Mary interrupts him.

"But. If we are going to make this work, we have to set a couple of ground rules." Mary walks towards the fire and sits down in one of the chairs next to it. A couple of seconds later, Francis joins her.

"Okay. What do you suggest?" Francis asks her, while looking into the fire.

"Firstly, NO sleeping with other women." Mary says and looks at him as he turns his head, looking at her. He was not prepared to hear that sentence coming from her. He thought they had already talked about this. So he made sure that she understood that she was the only one.

"Of course. If we are going to take this marriage and this relationship seriously I will make sure that you are the only one, now and forever." He hoped that she trusted him, but he could see that there still was some doubt in her eyes.

Mary knew that if they were going to make this work she needed to start trusting him, and why not start with this?

"I believe you. And I will do the same for you." She answers after a couple of seconds and forcing a smile to her lips.

"Rule number two?" He asks, while he changes his position in the chair. He could see that Mary also was uncomfortable, so to lighten the mood he says: "Rule number 2 has to be to change these chairs."

Mary giggles quietly for herself and sees that Francis is smiles at her. Maybe this could work?

"No, but seriously, what is rule number 2?" He then asks.

Mary stiffens up and watches Francis as she tells him rule number 2. "Sleeping in separate bedrooms, or at least separate beds. I do not want to sleep with you, not yet anyways. It is too early."

Francis face grows pale and it takes a while before he can take in what she has told him. Is she serious?

"You do know that we have to sleep together our first night as husband and wife?" He then asks here and now it is her face that grows pale. She was not expecting that question.

"Yes, I do know that. I am not ready to have that discussion yet, and I had hoped you would not bring that up." She says while her cheeks where turning pink. Sure, she had thought about being intimate with Francis but it was not something she was ready to discuss with him.

"Then when are you? We are getting married in one week; we need to talk about it soon." Francis answers her and stands up. Walking up to her and taking her hands once more, dragging her up from her chair just so that he could look her in her eyes and tell her:

"I know this might be hard for you, knowing my past and all. But I will take good care of you and I promise that I will not hurt you in any way."

Mary does not know what to say so she just stands there, once again holding his hands looking at his beautiful eyes.

"You do not have to answer me right now, but like I said, we need to talk about it someday and I would rather have it sooner than later." Francis can feel the tingles growing and growing in between their hands. He looks up at Mary, knowing she feels it to. He starts to lean in against her, looking down at her lips.

Mary is fully aware of what is happening, but not knowing whether to stop it or not, she lets him come closer. She can soon feel his breath against her cheeks and lips. Soon they would be on hers. She started to lean in towards him, knowing now she was not going to stop him.

But the opening door to her chamber would.

"Mary? Are you here?" Greer said.