Chapter 55

Harrys POV

The days felt like weeks and the weeks that passed felt like eternity. Nothing could pull me out of this pit I was in. There would be a moment or two when I would feel the corners of my lips turn up, but in the same amount of time that it appeared, it would disappear. Louis tried everything to make me happy. He'd surprise me with gifts or he'd take me out on nice extravagant dates. And I loved what he was doing I really did, but nothing could take my mind off the fact that my mom was, was dying. And I felt worse for Noah. He'd giggle towards me and try and play and I wouldn't even smile back at him. I could tell that he would notice and soon his smile would leave just as mine had. But Louis being the amazing dad he is would go and make him the same and happy boy he always is. But Louis wouldn't have to do that if it weren't for me. I was staring up at my bedroom ceiling while music was quietly playing in the background. Louis was out with Noah getting some groceries for the week. I told him I could go with him but he thought it would be best for me to stay home and have some time with myself. Time without Noah or him to distract me. It was nice of Louis to let me stay home alone to have some quality alone time to myself, but I was actually looking forward to when they both got home. I slowly closed my eyes and listened to the music that quietly played from the I-pod deck on mine and Louis dresser. I slowly drifted off into sleep before I heard a loud ring shake me awake. I sat up in bed and grabbed my phone from beside me and saw Louis name illuminating the screen. I pressed the answer call button and slowly put the phone up to my ear. "Hello?" I said groggily.

"Hey babe how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. How are you two? Done with the shopping?"

"Yeah we are but as we were heading home I saw a park and figured that Noah would have a blast playing there. And it's such a nice day I didn't want him to be inside all day. So I thought I would call you and let you know that we were going to be running a bit late."

"Oh well I'll meet up with you guys. What park are you at?"

"Oh babe it's fine. You don't need to. I know you'll probably want to be home right now."

"I'll be fine Lou. It'd probably be good for me to get some fresh air anyways."

"Okay. You're sure?"

"Yes Lou. I'm not going to let my sadness get in the way of watching our son grow up."

"Okay darling. We'll come home then and unpack all the groceries then we can go to the park after we pick you up."

"Okay sounds good. I'll see you in a bit."

"See you in a bit. I love you."

"I love you too Lou." I hung up the phone and looked at the time. Louis should be here in about 20 minutes. Just enough time  to pack up a small picnic for us to eat at the park. I stood up from my bed and walked down stairs to prepare a small lunch for me and my two boys.

Everything was packed in the basket, with a few sandwiches, some small bags of chips, bottles of water, and of course some food for Noah to have. I just placed the blanket inside the basket and closed the lid looking down at the clock. They should be home in about 5 minutes so I decided to change into more a appropriate clothes. I ran up the stairs as fast as I could and went into our bedroom and pulled the closet doors open. I started rummaging through all the cloths on my side of the closet and pulled out a simple black long sleeve shirt. Now time for the hard part, do I even own any shorts? Louis usually wears shorts and I don't exactly fit into any of those. Just as I was about to give up I noticed in the back of the closet were a pair of denim roll up jean shorts. I haven't worn these shorts in ages oh my god when did I even get these? I wonder if I have anything else? I was just about to look in the closet once again when I heard the front door open along with that same angelic voice I've grown to love. "Harry? Babe you here?"

"Yeah I'm upstairs! I'll be down in a second!" They'll have to do. I threw the shorts on the bed and stripped from all my clothes and quickly put on the black shirt and the shorts making sure to roll up the sleeves on the black shirt. I was about to walk out the door when, shit, I need shoes. Shoes are a must have. I looked in the bottom of the closet at my collection of boots and dress shoes. We're going to a park Harold pick something sensible. Neon Nikes it is. I put on some socks and slipped the shoes on my feet and looked in the mirror. God this outfit was bad. But it'll work on going out to the park. I nodded to myself in the mirror and was going to the door my second time in the past hour when I saw something in the back of my eye. I turned and without a second guess I grabbed the bandanna and wrapped it around my hair and exited the room. 

"It's so beautiful today." Louis said looking up at the sun from our picnic blanket.

"Yeah it is. I'm happy I came."

"So am I. It's so good to see you out of your funk."

I smiled at Louis and looked down at Noah who was playing on his tummy, giggling with his toys. "It's so hard to thing that he's already 5 months. It feels like yesterday we were taking him home from the hospital."

"I know. He's such a happy boy. Just like his daddy."

I looked up at Louis with a small smile on my face. He smiled back at me and slowly leaned forward and pressed a kiss to my lips. "I love you Louis. And I'm sorry for being so sad lately."

"It's okay Harry. I totally understand. It's okay to be sad about something like this. But know that I love you too Hazza. So much."

I looked over at the playground which is pretty empty since it's still a bit early in the day. "Hey look Louis. They have one of those baby swings. We should push Noah in it. I think he would have so much fun."

"Yeah that'll be fun. Lets go little guy. Wanna go play on the swings?"

Louis picked Noah up off the ground and started walk with him over to the swings. We walked side by side to the swing sets and gently placed Noah into the small swing. "Make sure that the thing is secure."

"I know Harry. I was just about to do that."

"Just making sure." After Louis had checked to make sure Noah was strapped in properly he walked behind the swing and started to push the swing making Noah let out a loud giggle. "Don't go to high Louis. I don't want him to get hurt." 

"He's not going to get hurt Harry." Louis said as he continued to push the swing higher and higher. I watched as Louis would gently push the swing making Noah scream louder and louder from all the excitement he had. A large smile was plastered onto Louis face and I couldn't help but stare. But it's when Louis looked back at me that his smile disappeared when soon reappeared. It was in that moment that I realized that the smile that had been missing for so long, had finally found its way back.