Chapter 12

Brokenhearted

Chapter 12

Taylor

It was 6 days after Christmas, and I hadn't left my house. Yes, you can  call me lazy, but the snow outside was what was initially keeping me indoors. I had my heater on high and my TV playing "13 Going on 30". I was trying to relax, but my mind would not stop wandering to the box and the text messages that I had received. 

So far I had not gotten anything else. But I was worried that I would receive another box with... the horrible thing that was inside the first. 

I shuddered at the thought of it. Okay Taylor, you really need to get your mind off that. I picked up my cellphone and dialed the familiar numbers and listened to it ring. 

"Hello?"

"Hey Ava." I said into my phone, trying to keep my tone light and happy.

"Hey Tay, what's up?" 

"Can you come over? I'm really bored." In reality, I wasn't bored. But I needed Ava to help me get my mind off things. I knew that I could tell her what's been happening, and she would help me. 

"Yeah sure, I'll be over soon!"

"Kay, thanks Ava." I hung up the phone and sighed loudly, slouching down into the couch; Waiting for Ava's arrival. 

About a half an hour later Ava arrived, her arms full with a box full of candy and movies. She knows me too well. We sat down into my soft couch making small talk while watching "The Notebook". 

I knew that to get the thoughts out of my mind, I needed to tell Ava about the strange occurrences that had been happening to me. 

"Hey Av.. I gotta tell you something." She listened intently while I told her about the text messages and how they scared me so much. And I watched as her face turned pale as I told her about the box. By the end of my rambling, Ava had me in a hug. 

I sat there as she told me that it was probably just someone pranking me, and we both sat there as my phone dinged signaling that I had a new text message. We both looked at each other as I slowly grabbed my phone, unlocking it. 

I held the phone so that we could both read it, our faces turning into a look of horror. 

When will this all end?

I know it's extremely short, but I'm proud of this chapter!

And I know that I said at least 5 votes and comments for me to post, but I got 5 votes and 1 comment, so I guess that's good enough. BUT - before I post the next chapter I would REALLY like 5 comments. And maybe votes too. But I like to hear what you guys have to say! So maybe you need some questions to answer?

1: When do you go back to School?

2: What do you think was in the box?

3: How much do you REALLY like this book?

Answer all 3 and you might just get a dedication on the next chapter! Thank you lovelies xoxo

P.S, let's get this story to #1 in Fanfiction!