Mom visits

There was a soft knock on our cabin door and I turned to open it. I blinked in shock. There, after all this time, standing in the doorway, was Mom!

"Mom," I shouted giving her a huge hug " It's so great to see you."

"It's great to see you too Gale. I've missed you so much," She replied giving me a little squeeze.

"What do you want?" Asked Vantor (my brother) accusingly, not even bothering to say hello.

I opened my mouth to scold Vantor for being so rude to mom, but mom spoke before I could say anything.

"To see you both, of course," She replied while letting go of me. "Being a guardian has taught me that family matters too, so I thought I would pay you guys a little visit."

"Are you sure?"Asked Vantor. "Because usually, you come to us with bad news, like the time you came to tell us you became a guardian," He replied coolly.

Letvia's face stiffened up" I did it only for Elizabeth. Without a water guardian, the water element would have collapsed."

"Really? To me it seemed you became a guardian to ditch your family and enjoy your power lording over the universe," Vantor spat.

"Vantor," I hissed "You're  being so rude."

"I don't care," He shouted back at me "She left us just when dad got cursed and she left us all alone," His voice ringing in the small cabin.

"What? What happened to your father?" Mom asked worriedly.

"He was cursed on his way to see you in your palace,"Vantor replied wearily. "He is cursed and it's all your fault," his voice slowly raising back to a shout.

"My fault? How is this my fault?" Letvia shouted back.

"If you hadn't become a guardian none of this would have happened! Dad wouldn't be cursed, we would still have you, and our family would still be together. Our family is destroyed and it's ALL YOUR FAULT!" He shouted back at her.

"Vantor, stop please,"I begged him"It's not her fault."

"It's okay Gale," Mom replied sweetly "Its just that your brother and I need to have a little chat. Vantor come with me outside. Now," she ordered

I watched as mom took Vantor by the arm and started to drag him outside."Gale, you stay in here," she commanded as she slammed the door.

Drat, now I can't hear what they're saying. I guess I could eavesdrop on them, but what if I get caught? I sighed to myself it's not worth it. I'll just wait here then when Vantor comes back. I'll annoy him so much that he'll have to tell me. I let out a small laugh. Vantor is always helpless to my begging.

A few minutes later:

"Gale, Vantor and I are going to visit your father,"mom in formed me as she walked through the door. "We shall be leaving right now."

"Can I come?"

"No Gale," Vantor replied forcefully. "The trip is dangerous and dad is dangerous.You will stay here."

"Vantor's right. This trip is too dangerous. You are to stay here, stay inside, and never let any strangers in understood?"

"Yes mom,"I muttered. "I'll stay here like you asked me to."

"That's my good little girl-"

"We need to hurry up," Vantor interrupted "We have to get going before dark. The mobs will start to come out soon.

"Gale, just promise to me that you'll be good," Mom said while stroking my hair.

"Okay, I'll be good."

"Alright, we'll be back in a few days. I love you Gale."

"I love you too mom." Then she turned around and stood next to Vantor.

I waved goodbye to Vantor and mom and they waved back. They walked out the door into the sunset and suddenly, they were gone.