Escape

I looked around. This is my new home now. I guess I should  get comfortable. I turned and walked up to the fire. I guess I should go to sleep. Not much else to do. "Hey um, Pluto?"

"What?"

"Are we going to sleep soon?"

He looked up at the setting sun, "I guess we should. We'll stay here. It's too late to move camp now."

I looked around, "Okay, so is there any beds or sleeping bags or something?"

"There are a few spare blankets in the pack," Ryan replied.

Ugh, not even sleeping bags? What was I thinking? I doubt that they even have food. I grabbed a blanket from the pack, at least I'm not suck at home. "Goodnight!" I called out.

"Night," I heard someone reply.

I fell asleep dreaming about traveling the world.

I felt myself being shaken.

"Wake up, Gale. Come on, we need to get going."

I blinked, looked up, and saw Pluto sanding above me. "Why so early?" I looked to my left and smelt the smoldering fire. "The sun's not even up yet."

"Ryan went scouting and found a cottage. He says that he saw some smoke coming from it, so we're going to go see if we can recruit another person."

"You mean, give them powers without asking?"

"I guess you could say that." He paused when he saw my expression. "What? No need to look so upset about it. If you're lucky you might even be able to do the honors."

"What if people don't want to join us?"

"Well... we kind of...have to... well... dispose of them," he nervously replied.

"What?" I shrieked. "You mean kill them?"

"We have to," he replied forcefully. "If someone against us got word out to the general public, we'd be in big trouble, and probably be stopped."

"Wait... are you saying that if I hadn't joined you, you would have killed me?...for real?" I said outraged.

"Pretty much."

I sighed and looked away" So I guess I better get moving. If I don't want to die."

"Sorry," he said in a small voice. "If it makes you feel better, I didn't want to kill you."

"Oh how reassuring," I snapped. There was a long silence.

"Hey guys?," Ryan walked up to us, "We're going to start out to the cottage."

"Okay, lets go," I replied.

 20 more minutes later:

After walking for what seemed forever I finally spotted smoke. "Can we take a break now? My feet are dead."

Ryan shook his head "Not yet. When we get it will be your job to kill the person."

"Right." How do you properly kill someone? Is there any technique to it, or do  just stab? Stop Gale, no one worries about how to kill someone, just relax and do it the person will be alright.

15 more minutes later:

We finally arrived at the cottage.

"This is it," Ryan announced. "This is the cottage I spotted earlier."

Okay don't freak out, don't be nervous, everything is going to be fine. Just go and do it. I turned and looked at Pluto. He nodded to signal me to go in. I nervously gripped the sword. How are my palms so sweaty now? I took a deep breath and busted the door open. I looked to my right and saw a terrified woman shaking in the corner.

"Please don't hurt me," the woman screamed. She had blonde hair and brown eyes and looked like she was at the verge of tears.

"So you are positive she's not going to die?" I muttered to Pluto.

"Well... technically, it's a 50/50 chance if she lives or dies," he whispered back.

"What!" I practically shouted back. "She could die? You're only telling me this now?"

"Of course, it's not a guarantee that she will live," he retorted.

This isn't right. I can't bring myself to do this. I dropped the sword, I realized what I had to do. I shoved Pluto and Ryan aside. "Run!" I screamed at the woman. "Run for your life!"

Pluto and Ryan struggled to get up, and the woman ran to the door.

"Thank you," she called. "I'll never forget this."

"Just run!" I shouted catching Ryan a punch square on his jaw.

"Traitor!" I heard Pluto shout.

Alright, you dropped your weapon, are next to two men who are very capable of murdering you, and that's probably what they want to do. Time to get running Gale. I ran to the doorway just in time to hear Pluto shout.

"We'll find you, Gale. You will never escape the wrath of the package.

With that, I took off sprinting down the hill, terrified for my life. As I ran Pluto's last words kept haunting my mind: you can never escape the wrath of the package.What he said can't be true. Right?