A Change

It was a peaceful morning in a small city called Mobius. Everyone there was pretty much happy and had normal lives. Eggman quit being a villain and wanted to prove he could be a normal citizen. To do so, he created an invention to turn himself into a hedgehog. No crimes have been heard from him since then. The Sonic gang were all at Tail's place, chilling inside his home, watching the T.V. or sleep. Sonic stared at the T.V., My God he was bored. The blue hedgehog always had some thing to do, for him being bored was likely impossible but surprisingly it was. Tails, his best bud, tried to get everyone to do something productive since he wanted to help his big bro. No avail. "Well there must be some thing we can do.. " The two tail fox spoken with a concerned voice. Amy sighed at looked at him, " Tails there's nothing we can do. Every since Eggman quit his ways the city been at peace at most. Only thing we have now is either robbers or a building fire.. or Knuckles being stupid." The red echinda snorted " Hey that pie was a accident. " Amy was right though, there was nothing to do, nothing to discover, their wild adventures together were practically over. Sonic frowned a bit at the conversation knowing it was true. They couldn't do nothing about it. Yet it was always Sonic saving the day, his friends really didn't do much but host plans to sort out the situation. " So.  How about we split up..? " the blue blur quietly stated. Everyone gasped at the idea, they all thought about it and soon they believe it was time to split of branches. " Sonic is right, we pretty much can have normal lives now! " Cream stated with a chao at her side. This could be a brand new change to everyone, starting their new lives with different meanings. Everyone agreed on this decision. They all said their goodbyes and made their ways out into the real world. With no sadness in front of them.
XXX
Months Later
XXX
Sonic had got himself a free apartment room, since he was the hero of the town. He didn't get any money but just luxury. He hated it. The blue blur sat on his couch and sighed, maybe the split wasn't a good idea. " Christ there's nothing to do but save helpless shitty people.. " he tapped his nails on the couch, thought about how the others were doing. Amy and Cream became roommates and live upstate, not to far from the home town though. Tails went off to college, with his smarts, any college would let him in. Knuckles.. still guards the Master Emerald but takes Rouge out on dates, it's not quite official if they're dating or not. Shadow.. well.. he just works for G.U.N along with Rouge, nothing special. Sonic became more irritated, there was completely nothing to do and it was getting on his last nerve.
BEEP!
" Who the hell needs saving now." He spoke with much aggravation. City hall, burning building. The blue blur sighed and took off to the emergency call.

Shadow was at home in his little cozy shack deep in the forest, reading a special love novel. It's about how two people fell in love with each other in highschool, except one of them was a yandere in highschool. Rouge had begged Shadow weeks earlier to read the novel so he could understand people's feelings better. Since he kicked a dog during a mission on accident. The room was dark and only a little sunlight shone into the room, he felt as if he was in peace. The ebony hedgehog put the novel down and took a deep breath and looked outside, bright green leaves fell from the trees as they swayed in the wind with such grace. Shadow stood up and stretched, he only been reading the novel for at least two hours, he decided to go outside with his coffee. He opened the door and only smelled one thing. Smoke. "What the hell is burning? " he set his coffee back down inside and turned on the TV. The news reporter spoke in front of the burning city hall. " We just have got reports of our local hero, Sonic The Hedgehog, to be stuck in the building after saving twelve people! " The TV was turned off after Shadow sighed. " He's to stupid to be a damn hero honestly. " Shadow felt as if he didn't go now, all of Sonic's friends would blame him for his death. The ebony hedgehog forced himself to City hall.

Sonic was trying his best to get out of his fire situation, almost all possible ways of exiting are blocked off by burning and fallen wood. " HOW IM POST TO GET OUT!? SOMEONE HELP!? " This was Sonic's first time every crying for help. He felt he was close to death at this point, the smoke was reaching his lungs. He was choking. Our blue hero started to cough, he slowly went to his knees as if he thought this was the end. No one would save a hero, right?

Shadow burst in through the front, he's been in plenty of missions that dealt with deadly fires. He made himself towards an area where Sonic should b located from what reporters told him. Shadow pushed off some wood and saw Sonic unconscious on the floor. " Hope he's okay.. " Shadow quickly grabbed Sonic and made it out through another way, he skidded to a hault as the path was blocked off. " Alright " Shadow carried Sonic bridal style, sped through another pathway and out through the window. The whole city hall collapsed as they exited the building. Everyone cheered and yelled as Shadow carried Sonic away from the collapsed building and set him on the ground. Sonic started coughing again and slowly opened his eyes, to see Shadow and his friends surrounding him. " YOU'RE ALIVE BUDDY! " Tails was crying throughout the whole scene. Amy was in a emotional wreck also. Sonic's fur was no longer blue, as ash and some burned marks covered his quills and arms. " Wh.. What..? I'm alive.. " the dark shaded hedgehog say up, coughing up more of the smoke. Cream wiped away some of her tears, " Mr.Shadow saved you! " Shadow was dusting off himself, " Woohoo, can I go home now. " Sonic was in total shock, he got saved? By his rival? Why would someone save a hero? " Even heroes need saving Sonic. " Knuckles smiled at his buddy and nodded with Tails. Shadow started to walk home, seemingly uninterested if he was alive or not. Sonic couldn't help but wanted to be saved again, it just felt so.. so less tiring than actual saving.. Later on that night Sonic was sitting in his bath tub, water filled with bubbles so he can ignore the fact that he's still terrified of water. He thought about the events from earlier. Shadow saving him felt like a relief. The fact he didn't have help anyone in that situation felt great! He hated saving others! He enjoyed being rescued! Sonic thought about, what if he was the villian..? What if he terrorized the people instead of helping them..? He liked the idea, but rethinking, it's horrible idea if he told his friends. Sonic turner around and nearly screamed when he saw a unknown person in front of him. He looked like a Super version of himself, except he was.. black.. with no pupils. A mysterious aura was around him which Sonic has never felt before, but he could tell it wasn't a very nice one. " Hello? Who are you? " Sonic spoke, a little nervous at fact. The other dark hedgehog didn't speak or made a sound. With a blink of an eye, he was gone. Sonic looked around for the mysterious figure who randomly appeared in his bath time.
" If you really wish to become what you want to be, Touch me. "
The figure returned, and held out his hand. Sonic had to think, was he basically making a deal here? Then again.. He had to be clear. " I'll only touch you, if this means I'll still be me in some way. "
" I cannot promise this, for I am only your emotions. You must control your own emotions, I just make you stronger yet smarter to what you truly want. "
Sonic grinned, he touched the mysterious spirit and receive a very severe shock " FUCK! " Sonic looked at his hand, dark electricity constantly spiraling around his finger. Sonic felt..more alive but so dead..
" As I said before, I am your emotions. You must control it. I am only here to make you stronger and wiser with your actions. Tomorrow I will tell you how to transform into your true glory "
Sonic smiled, " I like the sound of that, Buddy. "
XXX

First Chapter, excuse the grammar errors and enjoy the story!