Chapter 1

Life has been hell. After completing my degree as a medical practitioner my parents have been constantly irritating me to get settled. Oh the usual get married and have babies. They don't care what I wanted to make out of my life.

After graduating, we all got separated, by separated I mean my friends were no longer in same town. And I missed them dearly. However we got time to have little chit chat over the phone. Oh I missed my college days. I have been practicing as a surgeon in a local hospital in my hometown Woodbridge in Virginia.

Life is boring here, staying with my parents did no good at all. But whenever I asked them about leaving the town and do something good away independently, their emotional blackmail got better of me. Now they were using the same card to get me married, Ugh.

And all this time I had been listening to them, so as not to get them hurt. But I can't do it anymore. They must understand not to force to my limit. I must have to stand up against them but how I don't want to get them hurt.

Sighing I reached home after my duty time. Thank got my parents were not at home. I directly went to my room. After a quick shower, gettering dressed in my pajama and t-shirt, I picked my phone to check any missed calls or messages. There were 8 missed calls all from my mother's and 1 message from Em that instantly lit up my face. I have been telling everything going on with my life to her. She was the one I had been in contact all this time constantly. And she knows me and my family very well. I called her instantly. Within in few seconds she picked up.

" Hey Ann, oh god I am missing you so much" she squealed.

" Me too Em, me too" I sighed happily " It's been a while since we've talked" I said.

"Hey Ann, I have some good news for you" She said to me instantly. I thought what might be the good news in my boring life. I sigh.

"And what is it my dear friend" I asked her mockingly.

"Are you making fun of me Ann" she said making herself sound hurt.

"You know what I mean Em, nowadays I really don't get to know good news at all" I said her.

" Oh dear don't say that Ann, my bestie beautiful girlfriend" she said continuing "Ok back to the good news sooo... its that youuu haavvee gooot accepted as a full-time doctor in one of the most prestigious hospital in New York where I happen to work too" she squealed in phone.

I was actually dumbfounded. I don't know what to say. I was actually in a shock mode.
I was instantly brought to present with Em's voice "Hey Ann are still there...uhh.."

They suddenly I started babbling to her " How...When...Where...Why....Whatt"
Oh my god what am I saying.

" Hey Lady calm down there, I know its all of a sudden but there was kind of vacant position for cardiac surgeon and I instantly applied it for you and this that so I kind of got the acceptance letter since you had great grades and had the experience and fullfilled all the required criterias" she informed me happily.

" So are going to join" she asked awkwardly knowing what my family response to it will be.

"Of course I will Em. Em this is the opportunity of lifetime. I even get to what I have dreamed of" I said instantly laughing. Oh I was so happy I can't express.

" Ann I gotta go, I will talk to you later, byeee" she said and hung up the phone.

I was shocked and at the same time happy too. Oh god I got my dream job in New York. Oh my god. I was thanking Em in my mind and even messaged her 'Em, you are an angel'.

Em was a full-time dental practitioner at the City Hospital. The hospital brought full opportunities with research along with campaign for health in Underdeveloped and poor countries.

With all the happiness bubbling, I almost forgot about my parents. Oh my god what am I gonna say to them. I know they love me and don't like me working in another city they are happy with what I have know and want me to get married and settled.

I can't hurt them but I have to make my decision and stand up for myself.

Thinking that I wrote a letter addressing my parents especially about the job that I got in New York.
And about moving to New York. I can't face them now facing them will make me weak and emotional and I will be in no condition to leave them.

But I have to. I have got to do this for myself. I know I am being selfish but nothing can change my decision know.

My parents have not got to house from their friends party. And instantly I packed my bag taking only minimum clothes some money.
Keeping the letter on the dining table, locking the house I went on. Tear running down my eyes thinking of the heart breaks I am causing.

But I have to do this for my sake and for my future.

I am sorry mom dad but this is where my future lies. This is what I did and this where I am going to stand up for myself.

Things were going to change and I was ready for it.

Hey guys,

Lets see what the future holds for Ann.

Leaving her parents with heartbreaks.

So New York oh my dream city and Ann's well

Thank you for reading and please vote if you like and you message me too if you have suggestions :-)

Xoxo ;)