C H A P T E R T H R E E

The doctor heaved a heavy sigh, "I supposed I do not have a choice. I will do my best."

"Thank You!"

My heartbeat quickened at the thought of being able to save y/n. She saved me many times in the past and now it's finally my turn to save her.

I have to protect her this time.

After filling out what seems to be layers and layers of paperwork I was finally able to enter that room.

The room where Y/n was.

As I entered that cold stifling room Y/n laid there connected with many machines keeping her alive.

She looked helpless. As if anything were to touch her, she would immediately stop breathing at any moment.

And I couldn't protect her...

My hand reached out for hers, remembering her warm fingers intertwining with mine. Hoping she will return back to me.

"Y/n Hang in there. I'll save you now." I said quietly, still holding her frail hand.

"Mr. Park please lay down here." One of the nurses state.

As I begin to move away I couldn't help but feel my heart pounding painfully.

I laid down on the bed beside y/n and the nurses begin to connect the IV line to my arm and y/n's arm.

The procedure began and I saw the crimson blood travel through the line into y/n.

(A/n: ^not lying that sounds weird. XD bad at explaining ahaaa :'D ok sry for disturbing ur reading)

Will she wake up? Will she still be by my side?

Thoughts swirled inside my brain. Until, I felt a light pang in my head.

Noticing my pained face the nurse told me to relax and not think of anything.

Not think of anything huh...?

How can I? I can't stop thinking of y/n. Our relationship, and myself.

My own self, the selfish jerk who can't forgive himself for what he has done.

I don't deserve her.

The same horrible thought ran through my mind again. What kind of person am I?

The sort of person I am.. I don't belong with someone like y/n.

She deserves better. Again, I felt the light pang in the back of my head.

Slowly, my eyes begin to close and no longer could I hear anything except my own heart's sound of remorse and loneliness.

~~~
"Yah. Jiminie-pabo." She says playfully.

Y/n..? Am I dreaming?

"What are you doing? Get over here." She says opening her arms for a hug.

Immediately I ran towards her. But could never catch up.

Why was she getting farther away? The closer I get, the farther she got.

I call out her name but, my voice wouldn't make a sound. She gave me one last smile before vanishing.

'Y/n'

Running in the darkness like a helpless fool. Hoping that I would find a trace of y/n.

But there was nothing, as if she wasn't there at all.