Chapter Fifteen - Lily Linton

PLEASE READ THIS AUTHOR'S NOTE. IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.

And here it is, the epilogue! I know I told you guys it would be long, but I figured that there was not really much to explain and I just got right to it. But don't worry, there will be bonus chapters that will be published in random times.

And that is why I am so excited to tell you this, the bonus chapters will be in your hands.  So, that means I'll be writing writing what you want to read! And, I'm very excited to hear about your ideas. Just comment them below, or message me in my profile, but the most efficient way for me to notice you guys is through Twitter, since I'm always there. ineffablythea you can follow me on that name, and it is also the name of my first and main account in wattpad.

Now, here it is! Let's go forward!

x.

Rikkard stood tall as he watched Lily laugh at something her sister said. He could still remember how that laughter could turn to a very disturbing silent sadness. When Lily was mad, he could distinguish that her features tend to be more tensed and she came like a hurricane to its next victim.

He could very well remember how upset Lily was when she found out the death of Captain Carter. She cried and ignored him for days. He was bothered immensely by her actions, so much that she forced his hand to knock on their home, tell her aunt that they were seeing each other in a romantic way, and dragged her to the door before she could protest.

He explained about the fact that he did not have anything to do with his death, even after knowing his betrayal that Carter did to Lily. She refused to hear his explanation at first –and he expected no less. He explained it as calm as he could that he had let Carter have his freedom, and even offered him a place in his hotel for the time being –and may people believe him that he had not done it for his own but for the happiness of his ifrit. He remembered how disturbingly funny Karim's face was when he had delivered his orders.

But, sadly, Carter's freedom was only short-lived, when Dalgleish's men found him and killed him mercilessly. Rikkard's concern for Lily grew as the days passed, but after a few weeks of hell itself, she had found it in herself to forgive Rikkard, even though he was totally innocent in his eyes, and that she had grieved for her dear friend, Rikkard bit his tongue to prevent himself from commenting on the 'dear' part.

He was snapped back to his thoughts when a lady had approached him, alongside the host –whose name he has already forgotten.

"Mr. Ambrose. May I introduce you to Lady Marie of House Hopwood." He asked, trying to swallow his fear as cold eyes stared at him with a neutral expression in his face.

"No." and with that, he walked away. Leaving two people, ungracefully opening and closing their mouth. They couldn't believe such acts of impoliteness! But, Rikkard did not care. He did not want to be in this ball anyway, but Lily had complained it to him earlier and what choice did he have? He could not stand other men that would come to their senses to see that Lily is worth gold.

"But, if you don't come, my aunt will nag me to death and Lord knows how impatient she is about us getting married." Lily grumbled, taking a seat in front of his desk, as her skirts softened the blow to her bottom. It had taken a month and a half for Rikkard to actually let Lily surprise people that she was indeed, a woman. And surprised they were, the society was buzzing with the news until the present time, and she found it very pleasing to her and her group. Especially to Patsy.

"Are you?"he asked, as red colored Lily's cheeks and he almost wanted to laugh –but he knew how Lily would make a big fuss about it whenever he showed the slightest bit of emotion.

"No!" they both knew one thing though; that they were headed there anyway. They knew it, because the first time they said they love each other was one of the days Lily had a glimpse of how sweet and loving Rikkard can be –and that alone was enough of a surprise for her. She almost had a heart attack that day. A heart attack both from joy and love.

He spotted Lily still talking to Ella, with Edmund by her side. Another memory flashed before his eyes. He remembered how much Lily cried for her dear sister, saying that their aunt was mad at Ella and Edmund when they finally told her family about their love for each other –after they told Lily a week earlier, of course. He saw how loving of a sister Lily truly is. But, that does not mean that he would like to see Lily crying. The only thing good that came out of it was how Lily cried in his arms.

"Lily." He said, as he took a spot beside her. Lily smiled and kissed his cheek.

"I've been looking for you."

"How come?"

She shrugged. "Just missed you." And smiled again. He smiled back –well, if you call it that, Rikkard was not much for smiles and Lily knew that. She knew when he was smiling and when he was not. And Lily's heart would soar every time she saw his smile.

"Well, would you like to dance with me, Miss Lily?" He heard Ella giggle behind Lily, and ignored her –he knew how much Ella already adored him, as if he was already her brother-in-law. Well, not yet. He thought.

"Why, of course, good Sir." Lily did an exaggerated curtsy and took his hand. Rikkard chuckled, and Lily laughed along with him. They danced and danced, and talked and talked. Rikkard smiled at her, and whispered, "I love you." To her at one point, that made her smile widen and said, "I love you, too."

Rikkard did not thought that he would end up here –with Lily, in a ball in the society. If he was the same Rikkard before Lily, he would have easily handed a sword to Karim to finish off the person behind such words. But now, he felt normal. No need for emotionless conversing, no need for keeping his face neutral –just normal.

It was normal, when Lily suddenly stopped dancing, and bent to her knees. Which was rather disturbing, since she was wearing a ball gown he had insisted she wore –of course, Rikkard bought the cheapest yet elegant-looking gown he saw.

"Rikkard Ambrose, the rather surprising love of my life that turned my happiness into madness at one point." He rolled his eyes. "Will you marry me?" that was what caught him off guard. He glared at Lily, but looked around to see the others had stopped dancing as well, and now witnessing the scene unfold.

"Lily Linton, you don't know how much I wanted to ask you, but nevertheless." He smiled, and said yes, which got the cheers in the crowds grow. Not one of them had thought it would end to this. Not one in the whole world would have guessed that Rikkard Ambrose and Lily Linton will fall in love with each other.

But as always, Rikkard did not care. All he cared about was how he and Lily smiled as they kissed each other softly, not caring for the crowd. He was only fixed on one thing and one thing only –Lily Linton.

x.

Btw, Wattpad keeps making all "I's" be upper case even though they aren't supposed to be upper case, so I'm sorry about that. And please don't be confused, I didn't name this Epilogue because as I said, I will write bonus chapters. Ciao!