6

Luke lay on Calum's bed. He loved it, he thought having a huge fluffy thing to lay on whenever you want was incredible, so Calum took advantage of Luke's amazement and covered and surrounded him in every fluffy pillow and blanket he could find. Luke was in heaven, rolling around and wrapping himself in the soft materials, but what Calum didn't know was, Luke especially liked the bed because it smelled of the tanner boy. Calum sat in his desk chair, laughing at the peculiar boy acting like a five year old in Calum's warm sheets.

"I want a bed," Luke mumbled into a pillow.

Calum smiled, "Well, you're welcome to mine."

Luke sat up in the bed with a smile, three thick blankets wrapped around his whole body.

"You sleep here," Calum began, "I'll be right downstairs on the couch if you need anything, okay?"

"No!" Luke blurted stopping Calum from leaving the room, "Sleep with me in here... please? I don't smell like fish anymore."

Calum swooned over the way Luke was pouting and walked over to him in the bed. "Okay," Calum agreed, "but only if I can take some of these blankets off," he laughed. Luke nodded eagerly and shoved practically every extra pillow and blanket off of the bed and onto the floor. Calum flicked the light off and climbed into the bed with him. He laid facing Luke who studied him intently with tired eyes. "Why are you so sad, Calum? Why don't you wanna live anymore?"

Calum was caught off guard by the question and held a soft expression on his face. The blonde was just so innocent. "Some people don't feel like they belong anywhere and can't ever be happy. I'm just one of those people. It's no big deal, Luke, everyone dies."

"But I don't want you to. I just got you, I don't want to lose you, again." Luke scooted closer to Calum.

Calum looked at Luke, "What do you mean 'again?'"

Luke gently intertwined his fingers with Calum's and held the tan boy's hand close to him, "Do you remember when you were ten and you jumped off the cliff? The current was so strong, you almost died but you held on to something until you went unconscious." Luke looked down at their interlocked hands and spread out Calum's fingers, "That was me."

Calum lifted Luke's chin to look him in the eyes, a shocked expression evident on his face, "How long have you been listening to my thoughts, Luke?"

"Seven years."

The older boy didn't know whether to feel embarrassed or upset that Luke hadn't tried to talk to him sooner, so he ignored it and pulled Luke closer, "Do you know why I jumped?"

"Of course I do, I heard what you were thinking. I was so scared, Calum. I don't want anything like that to happen again." Luke positioned himself to lay on his back, his side touching Calum's chest as he continued to hold the boy's hand different ways and play with his fingers. 

Calum studied Luke's face; the way his eyebrows furrowed as he concentrated on Calum's hand, his nose that curved the perfect amount, and Calum's favorite feature, Luke's hypnotic, exquisitely beautiful eyes. Calum, once again, lifted Luke's face to look at him. Luke turned his body so that he was facing him and held their hands close to his chest. They were so close, Calum could swim in Luke's eyes. "You're beautiful," Calum said.

Luke blushed at the comment as his irises glowed magenta and he leaned in and set a soft kiss on Calum's lips.

Calum's eyes looked all around Luke's, "How do you know how to do that?"

"I've seen people on the beach do it. Is it wrong? Did I offend you?" Calum smiled and shook his head before kissing Luke again. He kissed all over Luke's face as the innocent boy giggled and Calum loved the sound, "Beautiful," he said again.

Luke curled into Calum's chest and held their clutched hands close to him like a stuffed animal as be breathed Calum in. The land boy's hand ran through Luke's hair until, eventually, their steady breathing and soft snores filled the room.

-•-•-
cute shit

-cee :)