The Earth Story

We will be telling a story about a planet. A planet so wondrous it is a planet that can accommodate living organisms such as plants, insects, animals, and of course, humans.

Humans are supposed to be the smartest living creature. They were made to take care of Earth and live peacefully but humans are also the reason why Earth is suffering.

Have you ever heard of climate change? Climate change is a long range change in patterns of temperature, wind and precipitation of a certain region or of the entire planet.

Do you want to know how everything started? Let us begin the story.

THE EARTH STORY an original story written by iamsofaye.

Once upon a time there was a lively and healthy planet called Earth, people lived peacefully and simple. They hunt for food, they plant crops to eat, they sew clothes to wear and they go to nearby schools and play. They had a simple yet happy life but then, a business man came to town.

Businessman: Oh, dear... What a boring life you people have! Tsk.tsk. How about you invest to live a better luxurious life?

Town's people: Invest?

Businessman: Indeed! Why would you walk a long way to the mountains when you can ride a car?

Town's people: Car?!

Businessman: Yes! Why would you tire in cooking when you can have instant food from factories?

Town's people: Instant food?!

Businessman: Yes! Why would you weave clothes when you can buy them from malls?

Town's people: Malls?

Businessman: Of course! Why would you itch and strive to walk in the forest when we can have streets!

Town's people: Streets?!

Businessman: Yes, streets! and many more. We can turn this whole place in to a city filled with fun and joy! Do you want that?

Town's people: YES! Tell us how!

Businessman: The first thing we need to do is.... 'Cut trees'.

And then the revolution started. They cut down trees and built streets, they also built new houses. The people were satisfied and so was the businessman. He earned money and came up with more ideas for people to spend on and enjoy.

As they cut trees, Earth was in pain.

Earth: Ouch! My trees! My beautiful green trees! They cut them down!

People also manufactured cars and built factories that emitted smoke and made the Earth cough.

Earth: Please... Stop. I am getting sick. *cough* *sniff*

Not only did they damage earth's atmosphere, they also wrecked Earth's environment and that made Earth devastated. Wars happened.

General: Bwahaha! Yes! Let bombs explode!

Earth: *cough* *cough* All the smoke is making me sick. Those gasses are not good for my health. Please stop!

But no one heard her pain and suffering.

Town's people: I don't need to walk because I have a car!

Town's people: I don't need to cook, because we have plenty of instant food from factories!

Town's people: I don't need to lay at the burning hot sun because we have air condition!

Town's people: I don't have to sew clothes, because we have malls!

Town's people (all together): We are all so happy!

Earth: No! Please, you are doing it all wrong. I am getting weaker and weaker.

Fortunately, a Scientist discovered that Carbon Dioxide is increasing the Earth's temperature and so, he spread the word.

Scientist: People! Please! Stop! We are the cause of Earth's suffering! I have discovered that the present technology we have is emitting Carbon Dioxide and other bad gases that has greatly affected the Earth's temperature, wind and precipitation. We are having a Climate Change!

Businessman: How can I believe you?! Hahaha! Who cares about Earth anyways? We are making money! We won't stop our success just because a petty scientist said so!

And the people agreed. They ignored the scientist's warning and people continued living luxuriously.

Years passed, and everything improved. Expensive cars, more buildings, more cutting trees, more gas emissions, more hurting the Planet.

Earth is now weak and pale. People wouldn't have noticed that Earth is having problems until they experienced the results themselves.

Forests

Melting Glaciers

Coral Bleaching

Floods

Drought

Losses in Agriculture

It is too late. Earth's condition is fatal.

Is this the place we want our kids to have? What will happen to the next generation, when we already ruined it. What will happen to our kids? Our grand-kids? Will they ever survive Earth when it's already dead?

Maybe it's not too late.

We can still save her.

We can still revive mother Earth.

We can still make a change.

We can still change.

Stop the emissions of gasses. Stop ruining earth.

No more vehicles, no more factories, no more smoke and pollution!

We can start by saving trees.

Let Earth and Humanity be friends, friends who don't destroy each other.