Chapter 5 : The Bridge

Note : Picture above if you want to know what Dan and Phil were wearing.

"Okay, well screw takeout, how about we go for a walk in London tonight. I have something cool to show you and it really can't wait.

"Sounds like a plan." I said, accepting it, I wondered what we wanted to show me.

"Sounds like a date."

...

Phil's POV:

It was nearing close to half 3 in the afternoon. I asked Dan if we could leave at half 3 because it's Winter and it gets dark earlier. I think I just wanted to use up the daylight to walk around London. The place I was going to show Dan was always better at night-time.

This place was a bridge.

It had a meaning to me. Me and Alison, specifically and I was ready to show it to Dan, even if it was his first night here.

I grabbed my black coat. I was going to take my galaxy one but I was prepared to blend into the 5 o'clock shadows when the time came around. I straightened the collar of my red plaid button up before zipping up my coat. Dan's room was right next to mine. I peered around the open door to see him picking the fuzz off his black sweater with the American flag faded within the material.

"Phil!" I quickly jolted back around into my room. He came around the corner and smiled. "Could I use your mirror, please?" He nodded his head in the direction of the mirror.

"Yeah, sure thing." He walked over and shuffled past me. I pretended to turn around and walk out my room but instead I lingered and looked over my shoulder. I watched as he continued to brush himself down even more then fix his fringe. He was a good looking guy so I didn't know why he cared so much about how he looked. Of course it's normal for anyone to care about how they look before they go out, even the vainest people in the entire world, but when it's your best friend in the room next to you who could of been freshening up for 10 minutes or whatever then to only come to your room to see if they look nice, it just seems...odd.

He turned around, still smiling.

"Oh, I thought you had gone out." He said.

"I went to get my phone."

"You're holding your phone..."

"Urm, let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dan walked out the apartment first so I could lock the door behind us.

"By the way, Dan, you'll get your key tomorrow, the landlord's dropping it off and 9 but I'll be up by then."

"Thanks." He chuckled. I loved seeing him this happy.

"You are in such a great mood, I love it."

"I am, aren't I? I don't know. I think seeing you and getting to be in London again is so cool. I haven't been here in ages. And when I was here, you were living in Manchester."

"I know." I pulled a puppy dog frown at him and he did the same. We tried keeping eye contact with our weird faces but it ended up with Dan laughing, then me laughing. Dan gave me a playful push to the side. I looked up at him when I was trying to regain my balance, suddenly, I stopped in my path. Dan stopped with me. He looked at me funny. I wasn't sure why but then I realised that I was staring at his eyes and I stopped to do so.

"Urm, why'd you stop?"

"Stop what?"

"Walking." I had stopped walking, I continued walking with him, thinking of excuses. I couldn't do what I did last time when I claimed to have forgotten my phone and obviously had it with me.

"I thought I forgot something."

"Oh okay, well, are you good?"

"All good."

From then on, our conversations were endless. I wasn't even planning to go out with Dan but I knew we would want to talk all night. My main fear was that we would have nothing to talk about because we constantly talk on Skype. At first,  it was like that but we just couldn't stop laughing. We felt like two school girls. I swear, if so many people weren't around, we might've well linked arms, skipped and worn sailor moon school girl outfits.

The place where I wanted to take Dan was a 20 minute walk from Starbucks. Despite knowing how to drive, we took the bus to Starbucks, had coffee and then started our walk to the bridge. He didn't know it was a bridge though.

Lattes in hand, we joked about the old times on Skype. We also talked about family. I was the happiest I had ever been. I had someone I loved with me all the time. That was a good feeling and it wasn't the same behind a screen. None of my friends understood me when I vented to them about Dan and not seeing him. Now, I was living my dream.

"When are we gonna get there?" Dan asked. I looked ahead and pointed at the small bridge we were starting to walk up.

"We're here." I lead Dan to the bridges stone barriers so we could look over the cars and motorways.

"P-Phil? Why did you bring me." He stuttered from the cold. I placed a hand on his shoulder and rubbed it.

"It's sentimental, mainly to me and Alison."

"Why?"

"It's where we first kissed."

Dan looked at me, eyes open wide not long before he frowned and looked down, kicking pathetically at the ground with his foot.

"Oh, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you about her," I waited for an answer but Dan was mute. "It's just we actually broke up today. Well, I don't know, it's complicated but we are on some sort of break and that's why you might've heard shouting. I didn't want to fight with you but on the way to pick you up, she texted me something a tad bit threatening and yeah..." I trailed off, I didn't want to finish my sentence because I knew that if I had the words to finish a story then the story obviously happened and that was something I didn't want to believe.

Dan looked up, the street lamps making his eyes sparkle. The cold breeze blowing little hairs in his eyes.

"What did she text you?"

"To be honest, it's not that important. What's important is how she 'apologised'"

"I'm sorry." Dan said, monotone.

"Dan, don't apologise when you didn't do anything. I was planning to tell you but we were gonna break up anyway."

"Planning to tell me?" He raised his voice which caught the attention of a passerbyer who quickly ignored his rough tone and moved on. "You posted it on Twitter, Phil, and then all of a sudden, as soon as I arrive, Alison tells me she is your girlfriend. Basically, you didn't need to tell me, you already told your followers before me."

"Well, she knew I hadn't told you so when she asked to use my phone to check something on Wikipedia, she posted an old picture of us and everything. That wasn't me. And that's also partly why I was mad at her, she told you when she went to pick you up."

Dan gave me a longing look of sympathy.

He suddenly walked closer his arms lifting up to my shoulders. He moved in and rested his head of my shoulder and wrapped his arms around me so that his hands could meet at the back.

He hugged me.

I let him.

And to be honest, that's the most love I had felt in a while despite kissing Alison yesterday.