Chapter Twenty-Five

We said goodbye to our siblings, who where sitting on different end of the room ignoring each other. Janelll has the same eyes as Dakota with only a little darker hair and her skin was a million shades of tan as if she was constantly in the sun as much as she could be. They were similar in body and face, both having heart shape faces and lips like Angelina Joel-lee. And Nicholas, no matter how hard he tried, was so not as calm as the front he was putting up and it made me laugh inside to see him nerves around a girl.

     Once outside we got into Dakotas PT curser and went to pick up her cousin who worked over at a coffee shop in the city as a baristas. The coffee shop smelt wonderful and I instantly bought a French vanilla latte. Akeelah came out of he back throwing her apron hover her should. she was absolutely beautiful and unlike me actually wanted to be a model, I've met her before and can never get over her hair which she dies new streaks into each week. The three of us eat lunch together each day sense Dakota has moved her. Actually sense I've left the girls I've made a lot more friends and met a lot more people then I ever thought possible. Akeelah is a sophomore this year and has been on the basketball team sense she was old enough to hold the ball. I've never followed sports but Nicholas says that even thought she's only 5'4 she could easily go pro with her skills.

   The three of us shopped all day, latterly till we dropped to a bench  and said we couldn't walk anymore. They dropped me back off at my building and Janell rushed out the house as quick as she could. Nicholas flopped onto the couch stretching out with a groan. "What's up?" I ask tossing my boots off and kicking up in the love seat. The presents and groceries could wait a few minutes. "That girl is impossible! You should hearer her at school acting like a know it all and today she just sat there and it was like talking to a wall she completely ignored me!!" I stood up and went to put things away, laughing.

"I guess you had a bad day?"

"YES!"

"Do you like her?", I ask slyly and he jumps up from his seat."

"What?!" He exlameis and I try very hard to keep a straight face.

"Well you seem to pay an awful a lot of attention to her......" I trail of as I stack up caned food.

          "No. No . No. No. No, Naomi, just stop there's no way I could like her." He said but his face said different and I could hear the doubt in his voice. "And beside I'm with Emily." he said as if that was final and sat down as if he had won. His eyes closed as he leaned back against the armrest of the couch. I put the last of the things away and came and sat down by his feet. "No you're not."

"What?", he asked his eyes shooting open franticly, being caught in his own lie.

          "You two broke up two weeks ago. She called when you were at the park with your friends and was screaming, crying about wanting to know why you broke up with her for no reason.' I said an his face fell in to the scowl I thought I'd never see again on it. "Oh I have reasons. I want nothing to do with a cheater, or with someone that our dear mother thinks will make us into a perfect fantasy family. Emily is all wrong for me and it took her sleeping with my best friend for me to relies that." My heart broke for my brother but pride mended it at the fact that he got out of the only thing our mother had him under her thumb with. I told him so and he smiled his face lighting up.

            We spent the rest of the day playing video games on a old X-box Grant had given Nicholas while I wasn't looking the sneaky sucker. The two of us had a great day together enjoying being free of problems for the moment.  Even if there was a hurricane around the corner we where happy for the moment as siblings should be.