2 ▼

Sade

After a long ass day of tests, I was happy that I had finally gotten my finals out of the way. I would soon have a teaching degree and be on my mary ass way.

I walked out side, and Prime's Range was waiting outside. I clutched my bag around my arm, and walked towards the truck. Lord knows I will be beyond happy when my damn car gets fixed.

"Wassup Smooth?" Prime said as I crawled into the passenger's seat.

"Nothin' Prime Rib, what it do?" 

"Nothing really, but I'm about to head to this restaurant after I drop you off real quick."

"Iight. Anything special planned?"

"It's Bre and I's one year anniversary."

"Oh shit, I ain't even know! Well happy anniversary, love. What are you gunna do?"

"Well, I rented the joint out for tonight. So I'm thinkin' this candle lit dinner, soft music playing."

"Aww! I can't believe Bre didn't tell me man. But that's so sweet."

Prime dropped me home and it really set in how tired I was. Those tests whooped my ass, but I was confident. They were just too damn long for my comfort. I was happy as hell that I didn't have to work tonight. I had taken the whole week off cause of finals.

Later that evening I helped Brielle's crazy ass with her hair and makeup.

"Sade, did you really iron this top?" she asked while checking herself in the mirror.

"Yeah I did."

"It's wrinkled as fuck."

"Well a thank you would be nice in the first damn place. But no it's not, it's looks fine to me."

"You sure?"

"Yeah baby, I'm sure. You look gorgeous as always."

"Do you know what Prime's got planned?"

"Nope." I lied, smiling like a damn fool.

"You a damn lie!" She playfully pushed me and slipped on her heels.

"Well wish me luck ma." she kissed my cheek and headed outside once she saw that Prime was here.

I slopped down on the couch and connected my iphone to my ihome. Erykah Badu's Window Seat played through the speaker, and I decided that it wouldn't be a bad idea to start cleaning up a little. I was spending tonight alone and I was more than sure that Brielle was going to be spending the night at Prime's place. I was going to be a lonely ass old maid tonight, with nothing to do.

Once I was sure the house was completely spotless I sat on the couch and turned on the tv. I grew angry as I realized there wasn't shit to do!

"There's nothing to fucking do!!!" I screamed into the couch pillow.

I need a man, or a cat. Shit, I need something.

I turned off the tv and grabbed my phone and saw a missed call  from an unknown number. I decided to call back, as a layed back out on the couch.

"Hello Beautiful." A slightly familar voice said through the phone.

"Whose this??"

"I can be whoever you want me to be baby." I tried not to laugh, and pretty much knew who it was already.

"Seriously?"

"Ahh let me stop. It's ya boo Kendrick."

"I'm not going to even ask how you got my number." I said smiling.