Chapter 3

CJ's eyes crack open, she turns her head trying to figure out where she was. The beeping of medical equipment gave her a hint of being in a hospital, the memories of what happened came back to her. She sat up quickly groaning in pain when her pain shot through her shoulder. A woman's hand tries to ease her back into a laying position.

"You shouldn't move too much, your injury is still trying to heal" Her voice was soothing, CJ watched her with interest shinning in her caramel eyes. She wasn't exactly sure where she was but she knew that she was on the New Species reservation. Her throat was dry, she didn't even want to risk talking yet. She didn't have much to say anyways, her mind drifted back to the events that occurred recently. Dan and Joe back stabbing her and shooting a New Species. Realization hit her like a smack in the face, the Species man who was with her was shot as well! What happened to him? She hoped that he was okay but she didn't have the chance to check on him.

"There was a New Species man with me... he got shot..." Her voice cracked making her cringe, she hated the sound. The woman turns to her with a small smile on her face, CJ took that as a good sign that the woman was smiling.

"He will be fine, he had a bullet proof vest on and it takes a lot more to hurt them" She laughs slightly turning back to her and sticking a needle into her IV pushing in unknown liquid. She watched the liquid as relief courses through her.
"That's good... What's that?" Her voice cracked, she pointed to the IV trying to understand what was happening.
"That's just to numb the pain a bit" she smiles, a knock on the door snaps her from her thoughts as the nice Doctor goes to answer it. Dave stands at the door with a worried expression plastered on his face.
"What happened?" His voice was pure worry, he looked out of breath as sweat beads on his forehead. She didn't say anything as he walked closer to her and fussed over her, she wanted to tell him to go away but she understood his worry.
"Dan and Joe are backstabbing bastards, I'm glad I burned off his face"  a slow smile creeped onto her face as she remembered lighting dans face on fire.
"You... Burned his face?" Dave watches her with a tight expression, he was concerned for her sanity.
"I have no choice, I flicked some gunpowder in his face from the fireworks and ran my lighter across it. I didn't want to give him the chance of going after anyone else, Joe shot me right after..." Her memory for fuzzy as she turns to look at the doctor "what happened after that? You caught them right?" The concern in her voice was obvious.
"Yes flame caught them" the doctor smiles, CJ watches her with a blank expression her mind reeling. Flame. She didn't know that name. He was clearly species but other than that she was clueless. "You can shower if you want to, let me help you with the bandages" she turns towards Dave and shoo's him out of the room reassuring him that she will be okay.
The doctor takes out her IV and helps her stand, she leads CJ to the bathroom "my name is Trisha by the way" she smiles to CJ.
"CJ" she nods back flinching slightly as Trisha's fingers unravel the bandages, the skin was marred and raw she almost couldn't look at it. Trisha just smiles helping her get into the shower before leaving the bathroom and walking now down the hall. She stops Midnight "we have a human patient that suffered from a gunshot wound, you probably have heard of her already but I need you to watch her and guard the room" midnight nods walking into the room directed and pulling out baggy sweatpants and a large shirt.
"Is she here?" Jinx stood at the door a frown on his features, he obviously wasn't happy.
"Who? The human? She is showering what do you want?" Midnight stalks towards him eyes narrowed, she was told to watch the female and wasn't about to let the male scare her.
"I was the one that got shot and I wished to thank her, she set the male on fire and it gave flame enough time to find us" his voice was rough, he was angry at himself for letting the small female get hurt. He was even more enraged because he couldn't save her.
"She will be out soon, wait in the hallway" midnight was firm, pushing the large male into the hallway and closing the door behind him.