|1| Angels Fly

Drip

Drip

Drip

Blood was dripping off a young girl's porcelain shade chin and was all over her shriveled clothing. Her messy dark brown locks were stained with dirt and blood, and her black eyes were empty. But the blood was never hers, instead, it was blood from a random palace guard that attacked her. She swallowed the blood in her mouth while wiping some of the remaining off her bloody chin.

Letting an exerting sigh out, she plopped herself on to the hard ground, making the dust from the ground fly everywhere around her

'mama and daddy would've been proud t'see me alive.., w'ld they?' she thought to herself with an unreadable expression.

A boy suddenly approached her without her noticing, making her tilt her head cutely, confused why a rich child would approach a bloody low commoner. The boy looked like he's around her age, around four, wearing a teal green vest over a neat looking white kimono. His blue orbs matched with his darker hue of blue hair; a grin never seeming to leave his face.

,"Hello, my name is Hakuryuu! What is yours?" he asked grinning like an idiot four year old, extending a hand to shake.

At first, the girl seemed hesitant, but looking at his sincere actions, she returned the hand with her own, "I... don't hav'a name..." she said quietly, and surprisingly the boy could perceive

"Souka.., well, how about I'll think of a name for you?"he asked again, without seemingly fazed by her bloody figure

The girl thought about it for a while before nodding, finding the idea nice.

"Parents?" the boy asked, looking around him as he found no one looking for the child

The girl shook her head, signaling him that they're not here. Hakuryuu was taken aback a little, he would never thought that a girl could handle herself in the open world without someone to guide he. She was suddenly dragged along by Hakuryuu towards the palace, earning multiple disgusted looks by the citizens. Not that she minded though, she was still curious about the little boy's actions.

"Yuu-niisama, Yuu-niisama!" the boy called making an older male turn around

"What is it Hakuryuu?" he asked smiling, quickly noticing the bloodied girl that he was dragging along. He noticed her bloodied clothing making him draw a conclusion it was not her blood, seemingly the girl didn't wince at all being dragged by his little brother

"Yuu-niisama, can my friend please stay with us?" he asked, sounding like pleading at the older male, the girl on the other hand seemed to feel a bit warm due to the fact he considered a stranger like her a friend... and it made her...

Happy

"Wait... you're fine with it right?" Hakuryuu suddenly asked her, forgetting the fact that he did not even asked her beforehand.

The girl felt warm, it felt nice to be accepted by someone, she inwardly note herself about the feeling she was having, with her lips slightly twitching upwards, she nods, "sure.. if I won't ne a bother" she said with a certain unique accent of hers.

Hakuyuu on the other hand was a bit wary of the bloodied girl, but seeing that his brother was having a full blown beam on his cute little face, he couldn't stand the adorableness of the young pair. So he decided that it was fine for her to stay, besides, what could a harmless child do?

He was just so wrong to think that

=== timeskip after the girl was shooed off to take a bath in her new room, next to hakuryuu's that is===

Hakuryuu was sitting on the little girl's new bed, exhausted from rearranging his new friend's room. Sure, he's royalty, but from a young age (which he is right now) he was taught to be responsible and to have manage himself out alone.

He then remembered he still has a name to come up for his new friend, in the middle of his thoughts, the bathroom door suddenly open, and a young girl wearing barely anything, barely people, barely, not nothing, with pale brown hair steam clearly visible from her hair, telling the others she had just taken a bath with warm water. Her porcelain skin seemingly soft yet a bit thin, black eyes still seemingly empty.

Hakuryuu's eyes widen and he shot up from her bed and dashed out of the connecting door, leading him to his room making the girl confused. She then shrugged it off and went to grab a simple black kimono and a pair of skinny pants, wearing it in a flash like she had done that years back. She then tried to dry her hair with her now wet towel and failed miserably.

The door suddenly shot open revealing a grinning Hakuryuu, clutching a wooden box on his chest, slightly panting.

"I..*huffs* Ffh"

"Ffh?" she asked tilting her head to the side

"h... Fei, that'll be your name" he said finally

"Thank you, but may I ask why?" she bowed down thanking the bluenette, making him blush and ushered her to stand straight

He then grinned and said

"Because, you look like an angel, and angels fly! Fei means fly, and who knows, maybe one day you'll be a full fledged flying angel!"

Fei's eyes widened,

'There it is again, am I feelin' sick?.., but it feels kind'f nice..' she thought

She couldn't sustain her new feeling of happiness anymore, and smiled mesmerizingly at the young boy, "Thank you!" she beamed. Her dull black eyes now turned a lighter shade of grey full of live.

Hakuryuu blushed a bit -scratch that he was red from head to toe- at her beautiful smile, and replied with a smile of his own, "by the way, do you remember your birthday?" he asked

The girl shook her head, signaling no, still smiling a little from the previous events

"Then let's make today your birthday! The day we met!" he said excitedly, handing the wooden box he was holding previously.

The girl was now curious, she slowly touched the wooden box, and again warmth spread through her body, she carefully opened it and found a hair pin (you know the one that late Japanese people used as something to hold their hair in a bun) made out of feather and a sturdy metal handle. She smiled and muttered another thank you, hugging Hakuryuu, making them fall of in bed while smiling.

"You should smile more Fei, it really suits you"

"I'll try...Ryuu-tan"

I'll try...

For you...

====

Hey guys, sorry for not continuing the tokyo ghoul- vampire knight fanfiction, my ideas seemed stuck, and it needs heavy proof reading, by the way do you like the first chapter?

I know it's kind of short, maybe, maybe not, but anyways, i'm in the midst of having exams right now, and I'm trying to run away from life, deal with it

I reaallllyy need to stop ranting.., and sorry if there is some grammar mistakes, I'm not that good in english, i barely pass minimum scores at school for English subject, bear with it

So, moving on, Fei and Hakuryuu's story in the beginning will be full of fluffs, and the next chapters will still be telling about Fei's young age days

and please~~~

vote

comment

and more votes on possible love interests later when Fei's older, btw the drawing at the beginning of the story is my drawing so sorry if it's only bare the minimum of decent