#1 - THE BIRTH OF A KILLER

"They're puppets, I move their strings, and then they dance."

--

BEFORE THE INVASION OF THE NOXIAN EMPIRE BEGAN, THERE WAS ONCE A YOUNG MAN who lived in the southern mountainous province of Ionia, called Zhyun. He was an artistic boy, for he loved painting very much. He spent most of his spare time painting on canvas, some relating to nature and some to figures he imagined. He admired other artists who lived in the same province as him, most of them he declared as his "inspirations". 

Growing up very fond of painting, his obsession towards beautiful things grew larger and larger, up until to the point where he began thinking that "murdering is art."

The feeling of killing caught him, his mind was beginning to fill with murderous acts. The scene of slowly terminating someone while seeing him howl in pain delivered him the desire to kill. And then the day came where he cannot hold it in anymore. He assassinated his first victim. Surprisingly, he did this in his home province, Zhyun.

It was not an ordinary murder, what made the residents of the place panic was that something was written besides the victim. It was inked in blood, "death". Soon they realized that the victim had four wounds, one on both shoulders and one on both knees. 

The incident slowly scattered towards other places of Ionia, and while this happened, the number of murdered victims rose each day, with each having the same amount of cuts on their body, four.

Over the days, the province was completely plagued by him, with travelers immediately killed with the same number of injuries, and sometimes, he had whole farmsteads in the province destroyed.  

The fear that the murderer has sent to the province of Zhyun brought the citizens with insane dread. Because of his method of killing, many Ionians gave him the title, The Golden Demon, The Artisan Killer and The Virtuoso.

--

A/N: This chapter will be short because all I wanted is to give you a very brief story about The Virtuoso before his imprisonment. But, hey, expect me to update this chapter because I'm sure there will be times I will expand his backstory a bit more.