Hey! You're vegetarian? How do you live without eggs, milk, ..........? -Teal

Welp.

What an assumption.

Uh... Do you want me to get you a newer dictionary? Or......

Never mind. Scratch that out. I don't have enough money to buy you one.

What's even worse is that Google has the wrong definition as well. (Wait. Isn't Google a search engine?)

GET WITH THE PROGRAM GUYS!!!!! Actually, just ask a Hufflepuff to get it for you. I've heard that they're particularly good finders...

Since I couldn't find the actual definition of "vegetarian," I'll just create one myself.

veg-e-tar-i-an

(noun)

1. a person who does not eat meat. Period.

Of course, vegetarian can also be a verb, but that's not the point.

Vegetarians don't eat meat. Period. That does not mean that they can't eat animal products. Because they can. Vegetarians can still eat eggs, milk, butter, .....

Now a days, the word for someone who doesn't eat animal products is "vegan".

Yup. Another word to learn!

veg-an

(noun)

1. a person who does not use or eat any animal product in any type, shape, or form.

Well. They got that one correct. But then that makes no sense. Their "vegetarian" is the same as their "vegan".

They're not the same thing.

But to answer the question from the title: "You're vegetarian?", the answer is no. I'm not.

I'm pescatarian. Should I define that? Yes. I should.

pes-ca-tar-i-an

(noun)

1. a person who does not eat meat but does eat fish or animals from the sea.

Alright. They got that correct.

A pescatarian can eat animal products, though. So basically, a pescatarian is a vegetarian who can eat seafood.

Fun Fact: For some reason, people spell pescatarian differently. I'm pretty sure pescatarian is correct, though.

Back in the days, the word "peskatarian" was defined as:

1. a person too lazy to be a vegetarian

I guess everyone has different views about things.

SPARKLE ON, UNICORNS!!!!!

-Teal