What Happens in the Fall

A/N: There were some problems with the previous chapter The Real Charlotte and the last page was not showing up so most of you did not get to read it. If you did not read about Jasmine stretching, that means you did not read the last page. I believe the problem is now fixed so you can go back and read it. If you are still having trouble viewing it, go to the bottom right of the chapter\'s first page and click on the gray box with a white plus(+) sign. It will put the whole chapter on one page making it easier to view. I am sorry for any inconvienence. 

~Ace

I sat between Zach and Caleb in the bleachers as the seniors marched in to the stadium to the Pomp and Circumstance graduation theme song.

            “Being in the stadium just makes me ready to watch you run some more!” Zach said, nudging my arm.

            “I can’t believe how fast you can run,” Caleb said, pushing up his glasses with his index finger. “You ran your eight-hundred in two minutes flat!”

            “A new record,” Jacob piped from the other side of Zach.

            “You did pretty good on your high jump, too,” Zach pointed out. “First place in both of your competitions. Charlotte didn’t do so bad either; two first places and a second place.”

            I looked down at my graduation program, unwilling to say anything to anyone about what happened between Charlotte and me. It didn’t need to be discussed with anyone. I wasn’t letting it affect me. I had six friends right here in the Andersens. I didn’t need Charlotte.

            She was right, though. I had gone soft. I lost so much of that stuff that made me… me. I was starting to rely on people. I was starting to rely on Vincent. What happened to the independent side of me? I was losing it completely.

            Zach was catching on though. He watched me in a slide long stare.

            “Hey, look!” Caleb declared. “It’s Lucas and Vincent!”

            “Where?” Lilly demanded, a high-tech camera poised and ready in her hands.

            “Right in the front row, Lilly,” James said, pointing.

            My eyes found them right away, the two valedictorians for their graduating class, blonde and handsome in their black gowns. From this distance, I couldn’t really tell who was Lucas and who was Vincent. That was until Vincent turned to the crowed and singled me out to blow a kiss to.

            I blushed and acted like I didn’t notice, turning my attention back to the program. I scrolled down he names of the senior class. Next to each name was the college the student had gotten a scholarship to.

            Vincent Andersen: Harvard University.

            Harvard University.

            I read the name over and over again. That was all the way across the country. I would see him Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Spring Break, and Summer vacation. Five times a year for a week or two each time—if that.

            Man, I felt stupid.

            I was really starting to fall for him, too. Vincent was so good to me, so kind and understating; he got me back in to music and he pushed me to do better. I couldn’t believe I started opening up to someone who was only going to be around for a few more months.