chapter 21

"So did you hear back from Anne after that little interview?" Skye's bubbly voice filled my Bluetooth earpiece.

I had told her all about what happened, even if it meant admitting that I was working as a Destiny's waitress for now. I had followed the address on Anne's business card to a small but well kept building, and was greeted by Anne herself. She showed me around the design room, storage room, show room and the work area, and I couldn't keep my mouth closed. Everything was so beautiful and I couldn't help but to imagine myself working there, cutting up the silky fabrics and creating my own clothes.

Although I had enjoyed my short career as a wardrobe assistant, sometime I would catch myself thinking, 'I wouldn't have added that extra layer of lace if I designed the dress.' Or 'Velvet would've looked so much better than satin for the trimming.' Now, I actually had a chance to put those wishful thoughts into reality!

She took me in for a brief interview, and told me that I would be welcome anytime I was ready. All the other young designers looked friendly and amazing, and I just couldn't believe how good my life was becoming.

"Oh she wants me to work whenever I want!" I said as I parked in the driveway. I thought I'd seen a flash between the neighboring houses, but waved it off.

"Honey, that's awesome!" Skye said, and I could hear Daniel talking in the background.

"I know! I'm so excited but I'm kind of nervous too. I don't know if I'll be able to do it." I said, slamming the car door shut.

"I'm sure you will just brilliant at it. Oh by the way, how's Mr. Styles?"

"Oh, he's good." I said with a gulp. No one knew what was really going on, except Philip.

"No offence, but I was really surprise when I first found out about you know, you two being together. I always secretly thought that him and Valerie had a thing."

"Valerie? Why on earth would you think that? They looked like they wanted to rip each other's heads off at every chance possible!" I said and walked in to the house. Harry looked up from his phone and smiled.

"You know in the movies, the boy and the girl who hated always end up falling in love and getting married in the end. I mean, I mean in movies obviously." She added quickly.

"Yeah. Well, I'll talk to you later and I'll keep you updated if anything happens with Anne." I hung up and sat beside Harry, giving him a quick kiss.

"Who's Anne?" he asked as he brought my cold hands up to his burning cheeks.

"Just a friend of mine. How are you today?"

"I'm alright. I missed you." he said and pulled me closer.

"I missed you too, love. Oh, I dropped by my doctor friend's office today and picked this up." I said, pulling out the bottle of pills. "It's supposed to lessen the cramps, headaches, and things like that. Not addictive, I promise." I said and placed it on the table beside the bed.

"Thank you." he murmured into my hair.

"Hey, did you ever have feelings for Valerie?" I asked suddenly. It wasn't out of jealousy or anything, just plain curiosity.

"Valerie from YSL? No?" he answered making a face. "Why would you even ask that?"

"I don't know. I mean, why not? She's rich, successful, and beautiful." I said teasingly.

"You just want to hear me call you beautiful, don't you." he said with a smirk and kissed my forehead.

"Maybe." I replied and snuggled in closer.

"You're much, much more beautiful, and sexier than Valerie. And I know you will be richer and more successful than her someday." He said.

"Hopefully."

---

I woke up with a pounding headache in the middle of the night.

"Are you okay babe?" Harry asked when he felt me rustling around.

"I'm fine. Go back to sleep." I whispered. I knew how hard it was for him to fall asleep, and breathed asked sigh of relief when he closed his eyes.

I always got the worst possible headaches near my period so I always kept a bottle of aspirin on the nightstand. Not wanting to wake Harry up, I blindly reached over and pooped some into my mouth, hoping that the medicine would kick in soon.

---

Never take pills in the dark. I'm speaking from bad experiences here. Anyways, the number of readers suddenly just boosted up to like 165!! I'm so so happy thank you guys a ton :))