Chapter 11 - Return

Zagi pov:

It had been a week since the girl, Jin had been brought here. I had left her with the refugees; a group weaker than those of the main Ring. Under my rule, they weren't given the same status or resources as the main Ring and they had to fend for themselves. The adjoining forest was the only place where they could get food and water from and their choices were usually limited.

Surprisingly, I hadn't got news of problems from her. If she was from the Ochre Ring and Thor cared for her so much, I was expecting her to try and escape on several occasions to go back to her Ring. Of course, my scouting team had given me information that Thor had been shaken quite a bit from hearing the news. He wasn't able to concentrate on his goals to become the Jyu Oh, even going to the extent of fighting my scouting team alone and suffering injuries. His Second and Third were the one who had stopped him from actually coming all the way to the Blanc Ring base.

I suppose keeping the girl was good in one way. Thor was now my puppet. Using the girl as emotional blackmail, I could get him to do anything I wanted.

"Top." I looked at Karin as she stood in front of me. I stood up with a smirk and walked down to her.

"Karin. How's Jin?" I asked, reaching out and touching her face. She tensed and I noticed her clench her fists as she resisted from expressing her unconditional love for me in front of all these people.

I had abolished the law of the Mating Month in my Ring. The Top of the Blanc Ring females had objected to my decision and I had to kill her for it. My rule was absolute and no one, male or female, was given the option to object. Karin chose me for the Mating Month and I had refused. After I took up position as the Top and abolished the law, she was disappointed. No matter though, it was a weakness that I used to keep her as an important card in my hands.

She averted her eyes from mine making me smirk wider. "S-she doesn't seem to be causing any problems. But I heard she has become close to one of the weaker refugees'....they've been together the whole time."

This made me frown. "Weaker refugees'? What is going on with them?" Wasn't she supposed to be close to Thor? Or was she fickle enough to choose someone else the moment she ended up in the enemy Ring? Perhaps she was playing safe. She was just a weak girl after all.

"I don't know. Apparently Dawn is one of the weakest refugee. He's known for being clumsy and causing a lot of problems in the Ring. The others let him live because they used him as an errand boy....but now Jin is protecting him and she makes sure that he gets food, water and absolutely no harassment. She even beat up Greff easily when she stopped him from bullying Dawn." Karin explained.

Alright, she wasn't weak. Obviously she wasn't weak. I knew that the moment I saw her. But what is this, protecting someone so weak? I let go of Karin and walked past her and out of the room. I wanted to see what was happening with this girl. Something wasn't right.

I made it to the refugee building moments later with Karin following. I looked around with a frown and all the people there cowered under my gaze. I couldn't find Jin or Dawn so I walked up to one group of people huddled together to keep warm. "Where are they?" I hissed earning a shiver from them.

"T-they are on the r-roof, Top." They pointed to a small hole un the roof and I looked there with narrow eyes.

Throwing my cape off, I walked to the stairway and climbed up to the first floor. Then taking the vines on the wall as support, I made it to the roof through the hole. Karin joined me soon after and I looked around, my gaze finally landing on the two people sitting at the edge while watching the sky. It wasn't snowing and the weather wasn't too cold here. They were sitting in silence for a few moments before Dawn handed Jin some food to eat.