Chapter 16 - Escape

This chapter is dedicated to FTEmperial!

Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Su Jin pov:

As we ran through the Dagger Pagoda in a random direction, we ran into Third. When he had been taken away by the other soldiers, we had seen the change in his appearance. He no longer had brown hair and brown eyes.

It was a little unusual to see him with short silver hair, green eyes and wearing that white uniform. But our present situation didn't allow us time for detailed explanations so we went ahead with it and followed him as he led us through different turns.

"Third! What is the Self-rotation Acceleration System?" Thor asked as we ran behind him.

"It's the final phase of the Midgard Plan. It will change Chimaera's environment completely." Third answered making me narrow my eyes. If they did that, the people accustomed to the present Chimaera's environment wouldn't be able to survive. Forget about the humans, I don't think even the plants would survive the change.

"What reason do they have to do that?" I asked.

"In order to rear the children who have Thor's DNA. The current Chimaera's environment is too harsh. So they'll accelerate the Self Rotation rate to change it. That's why this system was created!" He explained. So Thor's DNA would be used to create more humans. That's a pretty crazy plan if you ask me.

"The system components are buried underground in several places on Chimaera. After three minutes, the system buried underneath will release the ball. When the ball reaches Chimaera's core, it will cause a massive earthquake across the planet. After that, volcanoes will erupt and the structure of the continents will change too."

"That's a load of crap.....the people wont survive then, will they?" I asked. My question was left unanswered as we entered another room.

There was a man sitting on the floor with blood dripping from his side. One soldier was aiding him while another was guarding Loki who was on his knees a little distance away. A gun was in front of him and I guessed that he had shot the other guy.

After a bit of interrogation from Thor who was frustrated, Loki told us that the only way to stop the Self-rotation Acceleration System and save the life on Chimaera was to go to Hecate, to the main control unit there and change the settings. Thor took an on spot decision and Third too decided to go there and stop the system from progressing till the end.

We all exited the room and Thor got into different clothes. He put his hair up in a ponytail and he was strapped with guns and daggers ready to fight for the safety of people living on Chimaera. Third was getting his platoon ready and the remaining three of us stood in front of Thor.

"You three head back to Chimaera. Once we've stopped the Self-rotation Acceleration System, I'll come back to Chimaera." Thor said and we all just silently agreed. The gears in my mind were working though and I wasn't mentally present here like the others.

I was snapped back to the present when Thor cupped my cheek and made me look at him. He smiled warmly, his eyes apologetic. "I promise I'll be back soon. So just wait for me, okay?" He didn't wait for my answer and placed a soft kiss on my lips before letting me go.

Just as he did so, Loki, Third and his platoon came into the room as well and Thor headed out with them to the Asgard that would go to Hecate.

When they were gone, Tae Hyun, Tiz and I walked to the elevator that would take us back to the ground floor and the main entrance of the Dagger Pagoda. From there on, we could get back to Chimaera.