Chapter 1- Rupert

Today is Rupert's inauguration day and what was supposed to be a very happy occasion is mixed with a lot of pain and anger from Rupert's point of view. He solely blamed his farther, the fairy king Alberich for the fact that his mother Maeve was not here today and that the Fairy Fort was beset by troubles. It had been shortly before his original date of inauguration, way back on the 1st February when his mother had gone for one of her long walks to clear her head. It had been a busy time and Maeve had been working on the invitation list, when Rupert and Thomas had burst into the room followed by a wailing Udo. The two older boys robbed one of Udo latest inventions and teased him with it, as most of them didn't make any sense at all. But Udo did insist that everything he build out of small bits and pieces of old broken toys and other stuff he found around the tree houses, were a good usable invention. Maeve caught Thomas by his arm and took a small doll made out of several balls and some oversized beech leaves ears, out of his hands.

'Will you forever leave him alone' she scolded Thomas and towards Rupert she send a stern look, as more or less saying: "You should know better Rupert, being the oldest." Rupert pursed his lower lip as always did when his mother gave him this look. He knew too well that it was wrong to tease his younger brother, but it was still fun, as he was so easily upset when someone touched his so called inventions. He returned to his room to read over the inauguration ceremony steps again to ensure he knew what exactly he had to do. Being inaugurated was a big step in a young fairies life on their way to adulthood. It meant they would have more powers and freedom in the fairy fort and that what Rupert yearned. Thomas joined him sulking as it would be a few more years until his time would come. Udo just clenched his doll near to his chest and murmured some words to it, like he was calming it down. Maeve sighed and returned to her list. It didn't take long when she felt a pulling at her skirt and when she looked down there was Leah sitting at her feet smiling at her. Leah was beautiful girl with golden hair and clear blue eyes. She also had a great talent in communicating with animals and plants, so her future would be in the communication guards. Maeve hadn't seen her youngest daughter Molly in while and she got up to check on her. Normally when Molly was quiet she would be up to something, so Maeve left her list behind and entered the girl's room only to find that Molly had painted the walls with all the colours of the rainbow. Oh no, this room had only been renovated last month in preparation for Rupert's big day and now this. Maeve needed to get out and that is when she decided to go for a walk.

Around supper time the children were getting hungry and asking where Mammy was. Their father had no idea that she had left and asked Rupert: 'When did you see your Mum last, what did she do?'

Rupert pulled his eyebrows together, what he normally did when his father addressed him and he sensed an accusation in his voice. He always was his father first point of contact when something went wrong with his siblings or his father wasn't able to find their mother for one reason or another.

'I have no Idea, last time I seen her was in her study checking the list for the invitations.' Rupert didn't wanted to tell him that earlier episode which had involved him and his brothers or that Molly had transformed the girl's room into a giant rainbow.

'I guess she is just gone for a walk and will be back soon.'

'Do you know when she left?'

Rupert shrug his shoulders 'Nope'

'What was that' his father grumbled

'I meant, No father I don't know.' Rupert answered with a growl in his voice. He always felt an anger towards his father, which was the anger the oldest child did build up inside of them for being the first born and being raised with more harshness then the siblings that may follow. Alberich had been harder with him, but then he was the heir and one day would lead this kingdom. Also he had noticed this resentment in his son, he was unable to resolve the issues.

Alberich left the room and called his personal servant Jacob. He enquired to him about the departure of Queen Maeve and to his shock he was told that it had been over 4 hours ago.

He sent out a search party to find her and they returned hours later when the darkness and fog was so thick that they were unable to see anything. Empty handed. Alberich was heartbroken and fearful, as he knew that Draco, the dark druid of the bog had recently spotted on the edge of the meadow. Draco is known for kidnapping women and putting them under dark spells.

The search would resume first think in the morning and for the next weeks and months, always with the same result – Nothing