Chapter 27

Hadley walked around the mall after she visited the community college for the last time. It was quieter than normal. But considering it was a week day, it was sort of expected. She dropped her empty Starbucks cup into a trash container before feeling her phone vibrate in her front pocket.

From: Candace

Have you googled Tyler’s name recently?

She laughed.

To: Candace

No. Should I have?

There was a brief pause in their conversation. Candace’s next response was a link to a blog. It piqued her curiosity. She walked over to the food court and sat at a table. The site loaded and came up with several old pictures of Tyler. Hadley knew they were old because she was looking at a picture of Ciara Price. And the pictures showed Tyler before he got his full sleeve tattoo. She scrolled down and stopped when she saw the bold text of the title “Boston’s party boy, Tyler Seguin, settling down?”

We’re all probably aware that Tyler Seguin celebrated his twenty-first birthday two weeks ago. Unfortunately to all the female fans of the young Boston forward, he wasn’t alone. Tyler was seen with a stunning brunette on his arm. The couple has been spotted around Boston the past few days. This mystery girl was seen touring the Boston College campus. There have been rumors she’s currently enrolled as a student at the prestigious institution, but nobody can tell for sure.

Hadley continued to scroll down until she saw a picture of her and Tyler at the airport from a week ago.

Regardless of where she’s studying, the number one question still remains. Who is Tyler Seguin’s mystery girl?

Hadley went back to her inbox and messaged Candace back.

To: Candace

Well thanks for that. I’m officially creeped out.

Candace responded within seconds regardless of her being in school.

From: Candace

Get used to it. You’re a WAG now ;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tyler was lying on his bed with his back against the headboard. The apartment had been quiet for the past week. He stroked Marshall behind the ears as he picked his phone up off of his stomach. Hadley had been back in Brampton for a week and there was at least two more weeks until she was coming back to Boston.

To: Hadley

Ay babe

His phone vibrated on his stomach seconds later.

From: Hadley

Hey beau. Miss you! What’s up?

Tyler chuckled and stopped rubbing Marshall’s head.

To: Hadley

Nothing. Do you know if you’re going to be in Boston on your birthday?

Marshall was fast asleep on the bed next to Tyler. He patted Marshall’s stomach and then his phone vibrated.

From: Hadley

I still need to take care of the house. But I may be.

He groaned.

To: Hadley

I need you to take care of me :(

From: Hadley

I already have…multiple times ;)

Tyler let out a loud laugh.

To: Hadley

Then maybe it’s time I take care of you ;)

Hadley probably sent back the quickest response of the night.

From: Hadley

I’m packing now.

He laughed before his phone went off again. It was a picture message this time. Lo and behold, Hadley snapped a picture of her suitcase already filled with fresh clothes. His phone vibrated yet again. His mouth went dry. Hadley sent another picture, but this time it was of herself. She had her shirt pulled down slightly revealing a red lace bra.

From: Hadley

My birthday’s on the best day of the year ;) Can’t wait to see you. Xo

Tyler smiled. Valentine’s Day definitely was his new favorite holiday. He sent Hadley a quick text saying that he loved her before he turned off the TV and went sleep.