Chapter 9

I woke to the smell of something delicious. I licked my lips and sat up, my back was stiff and my wrists sore.
I turned and saw the guys in new clothes sitting around the fire.

"Don't you look terrible" Kirt smirked eating more of what looked like porridge.

"Theres a river down there, Ill get ya cleaned up." Noah said standing putting his bowl and spoon away in the carriage. He grabbed a towel, trousers and a baggy shirt, he through them over his shoulder as he untied me from the tree and walked us down to the river. Once the river was in my sight, I yanked my arm out of Noah's grip and ran down to it. I through myself in then cupped my hands and started drinking.
I washed my face and drunk some more. The water was clear and rushed over rocks and pebbles. Noah set the clothes and towel down next to the river then sat down on the grass.
I looked up at the sky and saw that there was no more clouds and the rain had gone.

"Hurry up will you, we got another big day ahead of us, and cause you let your mangy mutt go we have to walk." Noah groaned then laid back on the grass.

I took off my dress and quickly cleaned my body, after I grabbed the towel and dried myself down then threw the clothes on. They wear a little to big for me but id take anything other then the dress at this point.

"Whats that?" I heard Noah as he sat up.

"Whats what?" I frowned facing him, he stood up and walked over to me then pulled up my shirt.

"Thats the royal birthmark" Noah said touching my birthmark on the side of my hips.

"No its not" I said pulling the shirt back down and stepping away

"Oh yes it is, its even shaped as the crown itself! Your gunna make us the richest men alive" noah smirked grabbing my arm, then started dragging me back to camp.

"Please, please don't tell!" I said as I tired getting free of Noah's grip, I looked back down at the river and saw my dress and shoes spread out next to he river.

"To bad, were gunna get way more money for ya now and we have prof that your royal" Noah pulled of on my arm.

"Well you wont get far, there are already guards looking for me" I said as I almost tripped on a risen root.

"We're at least a day head of them and the time we get to the main land you will have a new owner heading off in another direction." Noah smirked as he picked up the rope from the tree and tied my hands together again. He then untied the rope from the tree and connected it to the carriage.

"Have fun you too, sure did take your bloody time" Kurt frowned mounting his black horse.

"Well you'd be ecstatic to know that Juliet here is in fact a runaway princess" Noah smirked lifting up my shirt showing my birthmark. Owen and Kurt's smirked grew into a sadistic grin.

"Well that would make sense with the boy who just came through ere" Owen smirked.

Eric?! Hes found me!

"About yay tall, black hair, green eyes" Kurt explained, "Friend of yours princess?"

"Yes" I smiled then turned to Noah, "Told ya that there coming for me" I smirked then felt the yank of the carriage.

"From the look in his eye, he must care for you a lot" Kurt said rocking from side to side as he sat on his horse.

"We've been friends since birth and he wouldn't let anyone hurt me" I said trying to keep up with the carriage. Noah and Owen walked either side of me.

We walked for another day, I didn't see any guards or Eric.
We stopped for lunch again and the guys let me starve, my stomach would not stop growling.

"Far out girl eat this!" Owen groaned and handed me a red apple.
I held the apple in my hands then bit into it, the juice filled my mouth as I chewed on the apple.
I jumped and dropped my apple as and arrow shot right past me and dug into the wood of the carriage. Noah and Owen grabbed out their swords and Kurt jumped down and grabbed his, then walked in front of us.

"Put this on and keep your head down" Noah said shoving a large floppy hat on my head. They have hats but don't wear it in the sun? Weirdos.

"They're guards, that was just a warning shot" Owen said as I saw a silver light flicker through the forest.

"Hello! We bring no harm" I heard one of the guards yell as they trudged through the forests on their horses.
"We are just on the search for a missing girl. Have you seen her at all?" The guard asked standing in front of us.

Kurt bowed, "Sorry but no, we are just four travellers heading to the main land"

"Thank you for your time" another guard said

"Wait why is one of your comrades tied up?" I heard the first guard ask

"He is just a servant boy that dose our cooking and cleaning. Got him for a good price if ya know what I mean" Noah spoke up

"Right then," I heard a few of the guards laugh, "Good luck with your travels"

"Thank you" Kurt said then I heard the rumble of horse hooves, I lifted my head and saw a large group of guards riding away.

I opened my mouth but felt a hand go over it, I looked and saw Noah. "Don't even think about it kid" I nodded and he let go, then I let out a loud scream. Noah covered my mouth again then Owen wrapped a cloth around my head going through my mouth.

"Lets go so we can get our money" Kurt said kicking his horse to make it walk.

We continued walking and by the time we saw the large white walls of the mainland border the sun was almost down.

"Will stay the night and sell her and the rest of the stuff in the morning" Kurt said as we were just about to walk through the gates.

"Four" Owen yelled out and the gates opened.

I kept my head down as we walked through the streets, there wasn't many people around just shadows lingering in the ally ways.
The ground was bricked of an orangey red colour mixed with dirt and mud. The some buildings were tall and others half the size, a few were half that size again. A man climbing on a ladder was lighting the light posts that ran down the paths lighting up the way.
The sun had gone down by the time we made it to the inn and the air grew cold once more.

Kurt dismounted his horse and knocked on the inn door, A rectangular shaped move to the side to show a dark pair of old, tired eyes looking at us.

"Got room for four?" Kurt asked, "And a place for the horse?"

The rectangular shape closed, then a few clicks of locks from the other side and the door swung open.
A older man stood in front of us wearing brown dirty clothes, "Seth will take your horse and carriage to the stables" he muttered and a boy about my age stepped forward and walked out the door, he had piercing blue eyes against his dirty skin. His hair was dark and unkept and wore black trousers and a white shirt with dirt patches everywhere and he wore a leather band around his wrist.
Seth started leading the horse to the stables yanking on my rope.

"Wait boy" Owen groaned and untied the rope from the carriage.

Seth looked at me and his face dropped, I ducked my head embarrassed of the state of things.