Chapter 4 - Saying Yes To The Dress

Looking into Hailey's hopeful happy blue eyes, I couldn't help but say yes to her request. It wouldn't be so bad, plus I wanted to surprise Eli by coming out in something that made me look so good, that his jaw literally drops.

We went to the mall the next day and I didn't find anything but Hailey found a beautiful Aqua dress with a beaded bodice that pushed her boobs up to her chin and made her look like a beautiful mermaid.

The ball wasn't for another week, so I kept putting off finding a dress and going shopping with Hailey. I went to school, hung out with Eli and Hailey and completely forgot that I even needed a dress.

_________________________________________________________

TWO DAYS BEFORE THE BALL

I'm walking through school, holding hands with Eli when suddenly Hailey tackles me to the floor. I lay on the school hallway, struggling as she has me pinned, screaming at me that the ball is in two days and that I still don't have a dress, "YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING, WE ARE GOING AFTER SCHOOL AND THAT IS FINAL!", she finished up her rant, breathing heavy from the screaming and holding me down.

I slump my head back down to the floor, no longer even trying to get away, realizing she's right, I still hadn't found anything to wear. I told her I'd come with her after school and then she got up off of me, and smiled, lending me a hand to help pick myself up off the floor.

We'd gathered quite a crowd of students, as some of our other pack members crowded around us, "NOTHING TO SEE HERE! KEEP IT MOVING! KEEP IT MOVING!", she screamed and the crowd scattered. I blushed, she always did get me in the most embarrassing situations. Sigh. She's my bestfriend, but there's just no fixing her.

So after school, I kissed Eli goodbye and headed over to her car, we drove to a mall a little bit further away in hopes that this time I'd definitely find something.

We went into store after store, before I had to tell her to stop so we could eat. I was starving and she knew how I got when I didn't get my food so she didn't question me. I practically ran to the food court. I got myself some Pad Thai and dug in before she even ordered her pizza. We sat there and ate, and I noticed a store across from the food court, I saw dresses in the window and told Hailey we should check it out.

Once she finished her pizza, we headed over and she instantly zoomed through the store picking dress after dress and having the sales lady stuff them into a changing room for me before shoving me into it after them.

"You have to come out and show them to me!", she yelled through the door.

I tried on the first one, a bubblegum pink dress with a big fluffy bottom covered in layers of tulle that made me cringe. I put it on and went outside to show her, we both laughed so hard that Hailey started choking on her spit. It was hideous, I looked like Glinda The Good Witch on a bad day.

I then tried on a red one, with not one but two slits up to my thigh. When I went out and showed Hailey, she was all for it, meanwhile I was just trying to make sure my lady bits didn't show and quickly dismissed it with the pink one.

I looked at the huge pile and saw a gold dress at the bottom, I decided to try that on. The bodice was tight, making my chest look amazing with a sweetheart neckline and gold glitter creating a sort of ombre effect on the dress. I was a bit scared because it could pass for a wedding dress but when I went out and saw Hailey's eyes widen and then start to glisten, I knew I had the dress.

"Au. Are you saying yes to the dress?", she said. I laughed, we always binge watch TLC shows when we got bored on the weekends, I replied "YES I AM!"

I took it off and quickly paid for it. We headed to Victoria's Secret to get some strapless bras, and decided I'd wear her nude heels as the dress was long enough to cover my feet.

We exited the mall, smiling, and I couldn't wait to see Eli's face when he saw me in my golden dress.

A/N: I just realized I sometimes use a nickname for Aurora when Hailey calls her Au, it's pronounced like O if anyone was wondering. But anyway, the ball is next chapter!!! Who's excited?? ☺️