School

As we arrived at school I quickly made my way to homeroom trying to avoid any human contact. I take my seat in the back of the class, everyone liked to keep their distance so I'm alone. I put in my headphones as I did everyday waiting for the bell to ring. About halfway between my song I looked up and saw a boy. He was breathtaking. I turn down my music to listen to Mr.Quinn who was trying to get the classes attention to introduce the tall shy boy in the doorway. "Class, I'd like you to meet o your new classmate. His name is Connor. Be nice!" Mr.Quinn says gesturing for Connor to suit wherever he would like.
As Connor began to make his way closer to the back of the class my heart started racing faster with his every step. I close my eyes hoping he would sit anywhere bit next to Grace. I opened my eyes to see him looking down at me with a shy yet warm smile. "Hey, I'm Connor.. Uh is this stay taken?" He says pointing at the empty seat beside me. His voice was deeper then you would expect from a tall skinny boy. "U-uh no go ahead," I point down at the seat ",um I'm Jade by the way." I said in a higher pitch then I wanted. "Thanks. And nice to meet you Jade" he replied with a warm smile that sent chills down my spine, the good kind not the creepy kind of chills.
I look over to see Grace glaring at me, I don't know what I was thinking, maybe I wasn't but I flash her a gloating type smile and turn back to Connor who has settled into his chair and was waiting patiently for class to start.
Trying not to stare, I try thinking to myself reasons why he would choose to sit by me when there is a ton of open seats away from me.
"Hey! I love that band!" He says pointing at my shirt. "Oh really cool I've loved them since middle school" I say trying not to blush avoiding the fact that he accidentally poked my chest. "Oh my god, I'm so so sorry! I swear I'm not that type of guy. I would nev-" "haha it's okay," I cut him off ", no worries, really is all good." I pat his shoulder."okay but still I'm not like that " he whispers blushing as the bell for class rang.