Chapter 3.

Jodie quietly opened the front door praying she could just sneak past him and up to her room but she knew it was impossible he had probably already saw her out the window.
She stepped into her hallway shutting the door behind her as quietly as possible before slowly turning around   she took one step towards the stairs before the livingroom door slammed open.
She yelped in fear at seeing her father, his face was red with rage making his grey hair seem even lighter. His fists were clenched by his sides making his build seem bigger then it actually was. He was a short man but broad and strong, he had put on a few pounds over the years that made him look even more terrifing.

Her blue eyes finally locked with his cold brown eyes "Where the fuck have you been?" He hissed his voice low and menacing as he slowly walked towards her, fists
swaying by his sides.
"I decided I wanted to see the world" she laughed, her drunken state making her brave. She let her hands rest in her pockets as she stood still watching him cautiously.

Her father chuckled darkly as he finally reached her, she raised her eyes to look at him as he spoke, his eyes glaring into her own "was it worth it?" He asked.

She was about to reply but was stopped as he wrapped his hand around her neck squeezing tightly,  She pulled her hands from her pockets wrapping them around his wrist that was attached to her as she struggled and spluttered for breath. He took a step towards her causing Jodie to take a step backwards, her back hit the door with a thud making her hiss. He lent against her as his other hand came to join his other around Jodie's neck as he squeezed tighter. She was effectively pinned between the hard wood and his stomach.

He loosed her neck with his one hand as it fell to her shoulder pushing her upper body to the door before he used the same hand to pinch her chin between his fingers forcing her to look at him as he spoke "was that Thomas Shelby I just saw?".

Her heart dropped as her blood ran cold anf she was filled with dread, she quickly shook her head "I don't know him, he offered to walk me home, I was lost" she continuted her lie, her hands resting on his upper arms as she tried to push him away from her.

His grip that he had on her chin was forgotten as he slipped his hand to her neck squeezing tighter than before, she gasped for breath waiting for his reply, "do you think I'm foolish?" He hissed.

She was froze in terror as she was forced to look at him, she kept quiet suddenly sober and aware of the danger she had put herself in.

"Thought you would make some money on the side, like a whore?" He growled, slamming his hips against hers, pinning her fully to the door her face still in his hands.

Jodie groaned as her back hit the door, putting her hands on his  shoulders she pushed with all her might. Shocked he loosed her  stumbling back a few paces a glare gracing his face.

"No, just because you dislike me it does not mean others do not love me" she told him, a smirk on her lips as she looked at him.

He watched her pull herself away from the door bravely taking a few steps towards him, "I don't know who could love you, you are a worthless whore" he said his teeth clenched as he finally raised his hand.

Jodie didn't expect the hit and had no time to block it as his fist connected with her cheek, she gasped quietly raising her hand to her face holding her tender skin for a second.

Dropping her hand she looked up at him livid, "You're wrong, I have friends who treat me better than you ever did, I just need rid of you!" She vented finally standing up for herself.

"Is that so?" He growled, he took a step towards her standing right in front of her once again.

She pushed him with all her might stumbling back herself a few steps "don't come anywhere near me" she warned.