Chapter 5.

Jodie woke the next morning dazed and confused, she blinked as she looked around taking in her surroundings. She was back in Tommy's room wrapped up in his sheets, her coat that she had been wearing over Tommys shirt had been discarded she could see it laying on the desk, she blushed at the thought of Tommy seeing her in such a state of undress.
She raised her hand rubbing her eyes groggily, regretting the action as her eyes burned, forcing her to tear her hand away.  Jodie let out a deep sigh as swung her leg over the edge of the bed to sit up, she slumped over resting her elbows on her knees, her head in her hands. She waited for a second to see if her head would stop spinning, it eventually did. She sighed before sitting straight, streching out he arms she let out a quiet yawn before dropping her arms resting her hands on the bed, she pushed herself up now standing. She slowly lifted the white vesy she was wearing over her head, holding it to her for a second breathing in Tommy's scent before discarding it by dropping it on the bed. She walked over to his deak picking up her dress she slipped it back on, suddenly feeling dirty she flattened it out with her hands, hoping she looked presentable.
Jodie fixed the bedsheets folding his shirt up placing it on top of the pillow.
She ran her fingers through her now loose hair taming it as best as she could as she quietly exited Tommy's room softly closing the door behind her. Jodie padded down the stairs, walking towards the closed kitchen door where she heard voices, politely she knocked the door waiting for a reply as she bit her lip.
She heard shuffling before the door opened revealing Ada who lunged for her pulling her into a bone crushing hug.
Jodie grunted on impact as Ada grabbed her arms around her waist squeezing hard, she returned the hug wrapping her arms around her best friends neck as they swayed slightly under eachothers pressure.
"Why didn't you say anything?" Ada asked as she pulled away slapping her on the arm alot harder than she was meant too.
"Ow! That hurt you bitch" Jodie said, rubbing her tender arm in circles, "don't you think I have enough bruises" she teased as she gave her friend a small smile.
"Sorry" Ada said shortly a small smile on her face, Jodie knew she wasn't but it would do, "Tommy told me everything" She added quietly.
"After he kicked me out I came here, Polly cleaned me up then you lot came back, John took you to bed and I explained everything to Tommy" Jodie explained in one breath, her hand finally dropping to her side
"Tommy went round didn't he?" Ada asked shaking her head as she leant against the doorframe, she knew what her brother was like.
Jodie nodded her head yes "he told me to sleep in his room I didn't know until after".
Ada now leant the side of her head against the doorframe as she spoke "so how did you find out?".
"I couldn't sleep so I came down here for a drink" Jodie let out a deep breath "he was still awake, he basically told me".
Ada let out a snort of laughter raising her head again "sounds like Tommy".
Jodie smiled as she saw Ada examin her bruised face, her eyes were puffy, a dark blue colour where the bruise was still developing. Her lip was swollen and cracked, another small bruise just below her bottom lip. Her right cheek was twice it's normal size and already black.
"How you feeling?" Ada asked concern gracing her voice as she rubbed her best friends arm where she pinched.
"Well my arms sore as well as my face but I'm okay" Jodie laughed looking at her best friend as she chuckled.
"Well at least you've got us" Ada promised her hand dropping to tak Jodie's as she gave it a squeeze.
Jodie smiled at her, squeezing her hand back, "thanks Ada" she said in gratatuide.
"Are you two gonna chat out there all fuckin' morning or what?" Arthur piped up from inside the kitchen.
Ada rolled her eyes tugging her hand as Jodie laughed following her into the kitchen. John and Arthur both looked up at them, Arthur sipping a cup of tea he hand in his hand.
Jodie approached them with Ada by her side, their hands still holding eachothers.
John hissed at the sight of her before laughing "Well you're a sight for sore eyes" John stated turning to face Arthur who was sat opposite him on the kitchen table.
Arthur let out a small chuckle as he shook his head at his brothers stupidity.
"Very funny" Jodie chuckled plopping down in the chair next to him ungracefully, her head pounding.
Ada sat opposite her next to Arthur who looked up from the newspaper he had laid in front of him to look at Jodie "You're alright though kid?" Be asked as he gave her a small smile, his hands folded on the table infront of him.
Jodie nodded "I'm okay I guess, I feel relieved to be honest" she admitted as she bit her lip, not believing she had admitted it out loud. 
"I would be too" Ada told her as she leant over the table  to rub her arm in soothing circles in an attempt to make her feel better.
"Now we know she's alright, has anyone seen Tommy?" John asked his index finger rubbing his bottom lip as he spoke.
"Not since last night" Arthur answered taking a sip of his tea his eyes now back on his newspaper.
"I'm sure he will turn up eventually" Ada grumbled with little interest.
"What time is it?" Jodie asked curiously pinching her bottom lip with her fingers.
"A little after 10" Arthur told her picking up his newspaper of the table balancing it on his lap.
"Shit It a goog thing I don't have work today, I need to get a few things from homw" she repiled nervously, she didn't want to go back if she could help it, she would be happy to never see him again.
"I thought you was smart?" John laughed "do you wanna get battered after the job Tommy did on him?".
Arthur gave him a sharp look as he let the information she already knew slip, Arthur didn't know and quickly panicked as he turned to face her to judge her reaction.
"I am thank you" Jodie protested suddenly offended at his behaviour, "I need my belongings for a start" she added afterwards.
"Well you will have to see what Tommy says" John ordered as he stared at her sternly.
Jodie sighed leaning back into her chair as everyone stayed quiet, she hoped Tommy would be back soon.

"Well look at you miserable fuckers" Tommy chuckled as he entered the kitchen half an hour later.
They .all looked up at him sitting in the same postions as earlier but now Polly was sat at the head of the table, a pot of tea inbetween them all.
"Where have you been?" Polly questioned him before taking a drag of the cigarette she had clutched inbetween her fingers.
"Buiness meeting" he answered shortly sitting opposite Polly next to Jodie " I want a family meeting later, you too" he pointed at Jodie.
"But I'm not family" she protested but secretly happy he was including her.
"Well you mays well be" he answered simply dismissing her, she shook her head in agreement.
"Alright brother, I'm gonna go check the office" Arthur stated standing disguarding his newpaper "you comin?" He asked John, who agreed before following him out the door.
Ada went to get dressed leaving Jodie with Polly and Tommy.
"I need to get a few things from home" Jodie said nervously as she looked at Tommy.
Tommy nodded lighting up a cigarette "later after the meeting" he took a drag before continuing "I'll take you".
"Thank you again" she repiled suddenly feeling like a child under her mother and fathers gaze.
"No problem" he stated "now can I have a second with Polly?" He added.
She nodded before standing to leave the room leaving him alone with his aunt.
Tommy watched her retreating back before turning to Polly looking down at her "I've got a problem" he told her getting straight to the point.
"When aren't you in some sort of trouble?" She asked him, a laugh gracing her voice.
He just stared at her seriously, his lips pursed arms by his side, Polly sighed before speaking again "fine what is it?"
"Jodie's dad who I happened to beat the shit out of last night works for Kimber" Thomas told her as he ran his hands threw his hair.
"And why is that a problem?" Polly asked her eyebrow raised, she waited patiently for his answer as she took a long drag of her cigarette.
"Because he's put a hit out for my head".

A/N. Hey guys I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever. I've been super busy and will be uploading a few chapters in the next week or so i hope you keep reading. Please comment, follow and rate. Thank you very much and I love you all!