Chapter 2

Published the first chapter of this back in November of 2015 and now I've decided to completely rewrite it because.. It sucked. It will still suck. But not as much ;)

I might update again if I feel inspired. Can't promise how long, but If I get one comment I will defiantly update within a week!

John Above

________________________________________________________________

And.. Damn.. He was cute.

He stopped where he was and just stared at me for what felt like a good five minutes but it must have been only a few seconds.

I felt.. strange. I felt a connection to him, I felt like he could be my mate, but this wasn't what the mate bond was suppose to feel like, right? Maybe other wolves just exaggerated the way it felt. Yeah that's it.

He walks over and smiles at me "Sorry about that, I wasn't looking where I was going" his smile drops and he starts to look at me more intently. " Oh it's fine, really, It's not like I could stay mad at my mate anyway" I say with a big smile. 

Like every other werewolf, I had been dying to find my mate and was excited that I would finally have a real boyfriend and someone to share my life with. Who wouldn't be excited to find their best friend for life?

He looked at me shocked for a second and I briefly wondered If I had been mistaken. Maybe he wasn't my mate.. He quickly masked the shock with understanding and then a bigger smile than my own. "Glad to hear it mate" He said, looking at me like he couldn't believe I existed. The silence was getting a bit awkward and I was feeling shyer the longer he stared at me. "So should we exchange information..?" I asked, flattered and a little embarrassed about the way he was looking at me.

"Oh yeah of course" He shook his head from his thoughts and jogged back to his car coming back with a piece of paper and a pen. We jotted down out insurance and handed it to each other. When our fingers brushed handing the papers to each other I expected to feel the shocks but I didn't. Frowning at my hand I looked up at him for some wort of explanation. He looked.. panicked, almost. He covered it with a smile and before I could say anything he pulled out his phone and called a tow truck to come get my car. Unfortunately my car had a lot more damage than his, probably because his was a brand spanking new four series BMW.

"Here let me drive you home, love." He looked at me with adoration and I blushed at the term of endearment. "Thanks" I said shyly.

We got to my apartment quickly since I was almost home at the time of the crash. We pulled up right at the time Emily called me, probably worried why I didn't pull up shortly after her. " Hey Em." "Oh thank god I thought I heard a crash behind me  on the drive home and I thought it was you" "Er.. It was.." " You've got to be kidding me" She said half angrily and half humorously "It wasn't my fault! A deer jumped out right in front of me!" I said, I didn't want her to think I was such a bad driver that right after I got my car from the mechanics, I totaled it. I looked at my mate apologetically and he just smiled and chuckled a bit at our conversation that he could hear thanks to being a wolf. I hated being on the phone when I was in the company of someone else, I thought it was rude to the person I was with.

"Well where are you, I'll come get you." she said quickly. "It's fine I'm already here, I'm in the driveway, the man that rear ended me was kind enough to give me a ride." I said a bit sarcastically, sending my mate a wink to let him know I was just kidding. He chuckled again and after saying goodbye I hung up the phone.

"Sorry about that, I hate being on the phone in the company of other people" I said apologetically. "It's fine, love, I actually thought it was funny the way you talk with your mom." He said opening his door and using his werewolf speed he was at mind in a second, opening it up for me. "Thank you" I smiled up at him, just now noticing how tall he was. Probably around 6'2 and muscular too. I got pretty lucky in the mate department I thought to myself. "Would you like to come inside?" I asked hopefully. I really wanted to spend more time with my mate now that I've met him.

He frowned "I actually have a meeting to go too.." I was disappointed but I could tell he wanted to stay so that made me feel better. "I'd love to have dinner tomorrow though." He said with a dimpled smile. "I'd love to." I couldn't stop smiling and neither could he. I was about to turn away and go to my apartment when remembered that I had forgotten to get his name. "Oh.. uh.. What's your name?" I asked embarrassingly. This should have been the first thing to ask not the last. He laughed "I'm glad you asked, I would have forgotten, It's John." I stuck my hand out to shake "Bella, It's nice to officially meet you." he shook my hand and it felt normal, again I was confused as too why I didn't feel the sparks I've always heard about but I pushed the thought aside. Thinking this was a bit to formal for mates I got on my toes and kissed him on the cheek, which was a bit hard being 5'4. 

He looked shocked and pleased at the same time. He bent down and kissed my cheek as well. "Goodbye mate" He smiled and went to the drivers side of the car and hopped in.  I turned around walking to my door but needing to get another glance before I went inside, I turned around to find him staring back at me. I waved and went inside with a smile on my face.