Chaper 2

My legs are burning. Every step I take I feel like my legs getting are closer to breaking but if I stop now I'm afraid I'll collapse. The winds are bashing against me. The forest floor won't give me mercy, scattering every rock, root, tree  and twig in my way. I don't think I can keep this up anymore but I can't give up now, I can't let them catch me. This is my one chance . My only chance.
I see a clearing, the laboratory is in my line of view. I'm almost there.  I get closer and closer by each step. By this point I've already forgotten about the agonizing sensation that was running through my legs, my body locked on in autopilot. I couldn't afford to make a mistake now.

I was almost there, just a mere 3 feet gap away from my escape until I heard their laughter echo through the evergreen forest. I could hear the sound of their footsteps crushing every leaf and twig on the forest floor. My heartbeat quickened. Their footsteps were getting louder and louder, their were getting closer. I tried looking back while running too see how far they were. That was a mistake. I tripped on one of the tree roots making me crash and roll down on the dirt beneath me. I tried getting back up again but ended up getting a mouthful of dirt instead.  A shot of pain surged through my ankle. The sounds of footsteps shortly came after my fall. They're here, my only chance of freedom is gone now. I've failed. I closed my eyes and did the only thing I could do. Wait for a miracle .

"Aw, little Alice fell. What a pathetic sight, don't you agree brother Dee?" Their footsteps kept getting closer.

"It's more on the line of an amusing sight don't you think brother Dum?" Their voices were filled with twisted amusement, you could hear them smiling through each word. They now towered over me, blocking the laboratory from my view.

"Tsk tsk Alice, we warned you what would happen if you misbehaved now didn't we brother Dum? You know we don't like punishing you" Dee's voice was practically  oozing out sarcasm every time he spoke.

"It's such a shame really, I mean me and brother were really quite fond of your long blonde hair but you brought this on yourself. It's your own fault"

I closed my eyes and let darkness engulf me. The less awake I am the less it hurts.