Chapter One

I was woken up to the sound of a siren. Not that it's not a normal occurrence around here. I consider it my alarm clock most mornings. I looked out my window. There was a cop car outside the neighbours house across the street next to the Gallaghers. I laughed a little as the guy that lives there got hauled away for what seemed like the thousandth time this moth. I don't know why they keep letting him go he's broke probation more times than I can count and never seems to "learn his lesson". I walked away not wanting to see what happens next, not that it would be any different from the last time this happened and the time before that and the time before that and so on.

I walked to the bathroom quickly showering and doing the little makeup I wear along with my hair. My mom was God knows where with my dad and my brother, Alex is probably working. He works nights and sleeps all day while I'm at school just so we can afford the little we have. My parents are like most around here, drunks and occasionally druggies. The only people on this block that I know are good parents are Kev and V. I've always loved their relationship. They're still like any other south side relationship chaotic, messy at times, and they fight but you can tell they're still going to make it together. Also their two little twins Amy and Jemma I think that's their names, are the luckiest kids I know, they actually have parents that care about them. I mean the kids over at the Gallaghers across the street have someone that cares about them too just not their actual parents, but they still have each other. Which is more than I can say for myself.

It was the last day of school which I was pretty excited about, I had big plans for this summer. I quickly pulled on a pair of shorts and a black T-shirt with a tie dyed pocket on the right side of my chest. I grabbed my phone and bag slipping on my shoes and running out the door to the bus stop. I came out at the wrong time, Carl and Debbie Gallagher were leaving at the same time I was. Debbie I've never really talked but Carl and I have. Never before he went to juvie but ever since he got out, he's changed and constantly hits on every girl he can find including me.
"What's shacking cupcake?" He asked.
"Seriously?" I said. "That's your pickup line?"
"Well only because of that muffin top." He said clearly trying to offend me.
"I do not have a muffin top asshole." I protested.
"Well how about I be the judge of that." He smirked. "Full body scan?"
"No, now leave me alone." I said as the bus pulled up
"Whatever you say princess." He said getting on.

I tried my to sit as far away as I could from him. He bothers me so much. Maybe because he knows just what to say to annoy me. I don't know but that doesn't matter because I need to focus on my big plan for this summer. Loosing my virginity.