Chapter 18

----Recap----

  You began to think of your mother and the day before she left over and over again. It was all you were thinking about at the moment until you heard a large blast from the arena which reminded you of the struggle that was occurring right now. Your heart was shattered into pieces like glass... Like a crystal... 

----End of Recap----

You were brought back from your thoughts from a loud crash and saw a gigantic hole within the center of the arena.  How much did I miss?   You asked yourself.  On the lacrima vision you could see Natsu and Gajeel falling with Sting soon diving in.  You also noticed that Sting and Rouge looked different, they had scales all over their bodies which confused you until the announcer began talking about them having dragon force. 

Natsu soon caught himself on a falling piece of rubble and set up an attack towards Sting.  Sting was pushed into the direction of Gajeel as Gajeel sent Sting into the ground.  You quickly walked up to the railing in your team box as Sting stood up without a scratch on him.  "Light?!" Erza gasped.

He has Holy Attribute Magic?!  "Natsu, Gajeel!" you yelled out as they were attacked by the ray of light.  Sting and Natsu started going at it till Sting eventually sent Natsu flying. 

Soon it became a 2 on 1 fight as Natsu and Gajeel tried there best to take down Sting to no avail.  You also noticed that Rouge was no where to be found.  That's weird...  Where is he?  you began thinking.  Sting stood proudly as Natsu and Gajeel laid on the floor... There's no way that they could have been beaten that easily!  Or... Is this the strength of a third generation Dragon Slayer?  You still couldn't comprehend the thought of killing your parent...  The one who taught you, who raised  you and cared for you.  The day your Mother left, was one of the most painful days of your life.  You could never kill her.  Sure, you've been frustrated with her before but... who hasn't with their parent.  You always thought she would come back... but she never did...

---Flashback to July 7th, X777---

You woke up with your jacket still wrapped around you and stood up.  You checked the time and saw it was...  9:00?!  You slept in and began to freak out.  You quickly got dressed and brushed your teeth.  You were about to walk out of your room till your new jacket caught your eye, yeah it was too big for you to wear now, it would get in your way.  Then an idea popped into your head, you grabbed the jacket and wrapped it securely around your waist and headed out. 

You began thinking of why your Mother didn't wake you up?  And how your Mother even get this jacket?  She's a dragon!  She can't just walk into a store and buy something... then you remembered that your Mother had connections.  That must be it!  You thought triumphantly.  You quickly checked where your Mother usually sleeps and saw that she wasn't there so she didn't sleep in. 

You ran out of the cave and sprinted to the forest.  She's gonna kill me!  You ran to your usual training area and saw that it was empty as well.  Maybe she was waiting and got tired of waiting...  You waited a little longer so you decided to go looking for her, you used your enhanced senses to try and find her.  Every lead I had went cold as I finally sat down to rest.  I began thinking that this might be a training exercise.  Seemed legit enough to you.  You started to look down by the lake, just before the outskirts of the town, and through the rest of the forest. 

-----Time skip-----

It was almost sundown and you began to doubt that all of this was a training exercise...  You headed back home and searched around the cave some more and found nothing.  You finally gave up and began cooking dinner.  You ate, bathed, and got ready for bed.  You checked around the crystal house, maybe she slipped a note through a window.  You found nothing again and headed to bed.