Chapter One

Let me start this by saying everything in this story is true. All of it. Everything in here? Complete truth.

             The story starts in my freshman year, my first year at Tranger School of The Arts. That was the year all our secrets were set loose.

         What the hell is this?
My bags dropped to my feet as I looked at the place the old taxi driver had dropped me off at. Perhaps, in his age, he dropped me off at the wrong place.
This has got to be a joke. How are my parents okay with this?
I could not believe this had actually happened. In front of me stood a large brick building. It could've been a fucking castle if it weren't covered in mold. I looked back, my eyes pleading with the taxi driver.
Take me home. I mentally begged him, instead however, he looked at me with a shrug and drove off.
         I sighed. I need to find the administration building to get my room key. I bent down and picked up my bags, a large blue suitcase, a smaller carry on bag and my purse.

The building in front of me was buzzing with people, both students and parents alike.
Let's do this. I said to myself. Let's fucking do this. I walked towards the building, admiring the massive structure and elegant detail of the bricks. I helped myself into the building and was met with a room that looked like a hotel lobby. There was a small queue of people waiting to speak with the admin at the desks. I joined the line and pulled out my phone as I did. I could text Becca but I decided against it. Instead, I sent a quick text to Jase, my lovely boyfriend who had agreed to continue our relationship even when we never saw each other.

Hey babe, I'm at the school call me soon. I love you

I wondered what he was doing right now. Maybe at lacross practice.

"Next please" A lady called. I looked to see that I was the next first in line. I shoved my phone into my purse and walked over to her.

"Name." She asked. Her voice sounded clogged up, almost like she had a cold or she was pinching her nose and speaking.

"Blythe Baker." I told her, tapping my foot. The lady's fingers ran across the keyboard as she stared at the screen. I could see the reflection in her glasses, but only a white light.

"You're gonna be on floor four of the women's building. Room number 325." She opened her mouth, to say 'next' again but I cut her off.

"Where is the woman's building?" I asked. She glared and me then sighed.

"Just outside this building and to the left." I nod and leave, desperate to get away from her judgemental gaze.

I followed her instructions and soon found myself at the entrance to yet another large building.

Inside was a large room area decorated with couches, tv's and games. I gapped, looking around the room. I looked for an elevator but had no such luck, instead I found myself in front of an old iron spiral stairwell that looked like it predates America itself.

Tentatively, I placed a high heeled foot on the first step. Nothing. I followed with the second foot, then the first and again. Carefully I made my way up the staircase, praying I didn't damage my Louis Vuitton's. 

The floor I found myself on looked nothing like the previous, there was  no pac man machine, no tv, just a dusty maroon colored hallway. In the hallway girls were walking into their rooms. Most of the doors were open and as I made my way to the next floor, I listened to the sounds of happy squealing and heated arguments that took place. I even heard muffled crying.

The following floor looked like the previous, ugly hallways and loud girls. I sighed, if they were going to be this loud all year I just might just go insane. I assumed this was the third floor but I found that the rooms were labeled '200s' instead of '300s'. I decided just check inside one of the rooms, curious as to what they looked like.
Immediately, I wanted to cry, the room was super small. Decorated only with two beds, two dressers and two desks. It was actually smaller than my closet. Back home, I lived in a suite on my own floor. There was no way I could survive a year at this place.