Chapter Three

I stepped out of the Taxi and quickly grabbed my bags from the trunk. I turned to face the school I would be attending for the next four years. I went to registration and got my room number and key. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

        Probably just mom or dad.
            I thought bitterly. I had no friends back in Wales, no one wanted to be friends with the girl who hung out with The Welsh Warlock. The Welsh Warlock's real name was Danny and who used to own the old antique store. I had first met Danny when I was eight. I was fascinated by the icy blue stone he had. The stone was the same color as my eyes and was shaped like a crescent moon. For some reason the stone seemed to be calling out to me. 

 I had walked into the old wood carving shop and ended up spending the whole day with Danny, talking and laughing. After that day I came back every chance I could. Danny taught me everything about history and the past and it was him who got me into art. The local kids were afraid of Danny. They said he was older than the bible and had magic powers he used to kill people and then eat them, bones and all. It was then that I realized my parents couldn't text me. We couldn't afford the fee for international texting. I had no parental conversing for a whole school year. We only had letters to use.

          Mom and Dad were all for the idea, they wanted me to become independent especially when Danny, my best and only friend, died.  Just before I opened the door to my room, I took a second to check my phone. The notification was from the calendar app on my phone.
         School orientation!

      I don't remember logging that in, I probably did some time this past spring.  I put my phone away and opened the door to my dorm.
       Almost immediately a girl with light blonde hair jumps up and runs over to me.
       "Hi!" She says, her voice loud and high.
       "Hello," I reply, my voice the exact opposite of hers.
      "Im Toni, what's your name?" She asks.
        "Willow Morgans." I respond. 
           "I'm not as early as I'd hoped, my flight was delayed." I tell Toni, walking further into the room. I notice another girl in the room, she's tan and her hair is a sun kissed blonde. She looks at me and stops at my words.

"You're from the U.K." She stated.
I nods. "My parents are both Irish but I grew up in Wales. Your from Britain, I'm assuming."  The girl nods.
"That's super cool!" Toni exclaims. "I'm just from Wisconsin, home of the Cheeseheads."
I can't help but smile at Toni's enthusiasm, she's so light and bubbly. I love it.
            "Are you two on the bottom bunks?" I ask and motion to the stuff on the bottom bunks. I wouldn't mind a top bunk but I'd so much rather prefer a bottom bunk.
       "Blythe is, not me. I want a top bunk." Toni says, grabbing what I'm assuming is her bag and flinging it onto a top bunk.

       So that's the other girls name, Blythe.
"Let's all unpack everything, then we can walk around campus." She suggest after enduring her bag is safe on the top bed.
        Toni and I don't have nearly as much stuff as Blythe and finish long before she does.