Beginnings

Hands trembling, I swept a dark brunette lock of hair out of my face, and made sure I was in the right section of the airport. God, I was nervous. What if the flight was delayed? Even worse, what if she decided not to come? I examined the people flowing out of the airport, mostly business people and tourists, but I still didn't see Tay. I knew that Lily was already somewhere in the airport, meeting Tay at the baggage claim. That was the plan, anyways, but if Tay didn't show, then of course there would be none of that. I absentmindedly fiddled with the zipper on my black backpack, seriously needing to calm down, when suddenly my phone lit up with a text from Lilia, "Found Tay!!! See you soon!" I squealed, my nerves only lessening slightly, and jumped off of the bench I had been sitting on. I searched the crowd and immediately spotted the two, Lily sporting her orange Camp Half-Blood shirt and Tay, a Mettaton shirt.

We all ran up to each other and into a group hug, laughing, screaming, and crying, it all felt so surreal. Here we all were, at last, about to head to our brand new apartment.

"Oh my God, I can't believe we're finally here!" said an excited Tay, voicing my exact thoughts.

We walked over to the sidewalks and began the trek to our apartment, making sure to prevent any unnecessary embarrassments for each other along the way. I laughed along at Tay's crazy facial expressions aimed towards cabbies and pedestrians, as we warded off the flux of oncoming traffic to cross the street, something nearly impossible to do in New York City. Upon performing that incredible feat, Lilia tripped over the curb and fell flat on her face. Tay and I failed at suppressing our laughter, but managed to get an embarrassed Lilia up off the ground.

We finally reached the apartment building, feet aching, but extremely excited. Tay and Lily raced towards the elevator and I rolled my eyes, suppressing a smile. I loved these two, and couldn't wait to have an apartment together, no matter how crazy they were. We finally crammed into the busy elevator and tried to wait patiently through all of the stops, until we finally reached our floor. This time, I joined them in the race to our apartment building, unable to contain myself any longer. I swiftly unlocked the door and my eyes scanned the apartment, huge windows at the side gave us a nice view of the city, which I imagined would be beautiful all lit up at night. I plopped my gigantic suitcase and backpack down on the floor and watched Tay run around the apartment screaming something like, "Oh my fucking God! This is amazing! Our apartment! Oh my God!" Lilia and I exchanged glances and burst out laughing, although I'm certain we shared her feelings. Soon, Tay had joined us in our hilarity and we had all crumbled into a heap on the floor.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and attempted to compose myself, "I guess we should probably set up the furniture and stuff, huh?"

Giggling, Lilia replied, "Yeah, that would probably be a good idea." Tay just nodded, laughing too hard to even speak.

We had most of our furniture and groceries delivered to our apartment already, so they would be there when we arrived, and all we had to do now was set up our furniture where we wanted it and make up our beds. So we spent the next few ours cracking jokes and losing our minds as we set up our furniture, actually managing to make such a tedious and exhausting task fun.

At the end of the day, we had finished and the apartment looked amazing, so we decided to treat ourselves to ice cream and a Disney marathon. Everyone changed into their pajamas, I in my giraffe onesie, and we all gathered in our living room to watch Disney movies, the thing that had brought us together in the first place, and snuggle while eating our ice cream. I couldn't help the huge smile that spread across my face as I looked at two of my favorite people, we were all together at last.