Part 1: Haunting History

Once upon a time you had a team. A circle of friends who worked in perfect unison with one another almost as though you could read each other's minds and predict what each other's next move was going to be. Failure hardly happened. And if it did, then it was hardly tolerated. Just when everything seemed as though success rates were at a peak, everything changed and all was lost. Adopting a new name, you set off on your own from the ashes of what you had helped build. You honed up on your skills in a way to compensate for what had been lost. And you had become nearly unstoppable. Trusting none, you picked up odd jobs here and there to help survive. You never stayed in one place for too long and you never showed your face to conceal your identity. You were a wanted woman for events of your past. This continued for many months and you were certain this was how it was always going to be. Until one day your accomplishments were noticed by a highly named individual who sought you out to work for him.

"What do they call you?" He asked you.

"I no longer have a name. I am simply known as 'The Wolf' for the design of my armor and the hunting methods for catching my targets"

"Very well miss Wolf. I couldn't help but to notice just how well you... perform."

"My mission performance is impeccable. I have a perfect record."

"So it seems... Now listen here miss Wolf. It would seem that you and I can come to a mutual agreement. You see... I need something done by someone of your skills, and you need an employer who can pay. So I'm going to offer just that."

"Lay it on me" you said flatly.

"Now now before we get to the nitty gritty details I'm going to introduce you to your new team. They'll be working with you and aiding in the missi-"

"I don't do teams. I work best alone." You quickly interrupted.

"And I can see your record holds true of that. Although I must insist..." As he rambled on you grew untrusting of him. But he made an offer you couldn't refuse. As the mission was described to you, you nodded, understanding of the task at hand. And without much of a choice, you agreed to work in a team.

"So miss Wolf, are we at an agreement then?"

"We are in agreement"

He made a gesture then, as a door opened and two individuals entered the room.

"Sharkface...Locus... Wolf... What happened to normal f*****g names..." A man in orange and dark gray armor said as soon as entered the room with another man in green and dark gray armor who simply ignored him.

And that was many, many years ago. Once upon a current time, the three of you had grown as a force to become virtually unstoppable with a failure rate of zero. It was like how things used to be back with the other team. You had their back and they had yours. These men became your partners. Trusted allies. Your wolfpack.

You were sitting on a rock as the wind blew around your face. You sat with your helmet on the rock beside you, deep in your thoughts. A voice suddenly shook you from your trance.

"Hey sweetheart, you can quit daydreaming about me now and join us while control lays a new mission on us." He motioned for you to follow.

You shook your head to yourself and chuckled softly as you picked up your helmet and put it back on.

"Not even in your dreams" you called out to him, following behind him.