The Murder

Time Queen was found:10:30

Victim:Queen Elizabeth killed

Place: buckingham Palace

Suspects: 

That was all Alice Totter had written down as she sat in the Queens drawing room. She hadn't got a lot down and that wasn't because she was distracted by the magnificent glory of the room she was sitting in but because the murderer had hidden their tracks very well. There was no evidence whatsoever to claim that she was murdered except for the fact that in the side of her head was a very clean stab wound and several items had been taken, none of which were important to Alice and Helena, that was a job for the police. The murder however was their problem and they had to solve it. 

Later that day after Alice had searched the Queens chamber for clues that someone had infact killed her and it wasn't suicide, she met up with Helena who had an excited worried look on her face.

"Alice we have a suspect"

"What? Who?"

"The guard on duty of the main entrance to the Palace, he was gone at the time of the murder" Alice replied lowering her voice. Alice took notes but stopped in her tracks.

"But Helena, we don't have a murder time it supposedly happened after midnight but we don't have an exact time" Alice said

"No but Alice we do, the guard patrolling the hall leading to her Chambers heard a muffled scream at 12:59 exactly and then at 1:01 there was nothing but silence, he went in and she was dead." Helena said proudly.

"Helena this doesn't make any sense though" said Alice as she rubbed her temples confused "the Queen was said to be found at 10:30"

"I know and that's why we have another suspect. The guard patrolling the corridor that night is either lying or has some part to play, like he knew he was on payroll that night so they went through with it whilst he was watching for anyone else who happened to come by so that they wouldn't know a thing. I.e he would have knocked them out or something" Helena answered excitedly 

Alice stopped to think about something. She was puzzled but at the very same time she had a clear image in her head that that was entirely possible.

"Okay so we have two suspects, do any of them have names put to positions yet?" Alice asked confidently.

"Unfortunately not Alice, that is where we seem to have hit a brick wall. The guards that were supposed to be patrolling were found in a store cupboard tied up, and neither of them have a clue of what happened."

Time of murder:12:59 - 1:01

Victim: Queen

Place:Buckingham Palace

Suspects: Guard patrolling main entrance, Guard patrolling hall leading to Queens Chamber.