Chapter 8

//Eden//

I woke up in a hospital bed, both my arms were bandaged, and I could feel a bandage on my hip too. There was an IV stuck in my arm, and I could here the rhythmic best of the heart rate machine showing I am alive. My eyes seemed to work fast enough for me to take everything in, and my eyelids were so heavy...

I blinked myself awake, this time the room was brighter, the blinds had been opened and the sun shined through onto my bed.

"Mom? Mom? Mom, where are you?" I yelled. The blonde shot upright from the couch where she had been sleeping, Aunt Christa was laying sideways on the chair next to it, she also woke up.

"Oh my God. Baby." She rushed over to my side, and stroked my hair. One hand was on mine. My Aunt came to my other side and kissed me on the forehead.

"Hey E." She said softly. Megan laid down next to me on the bed, and she started shaking with sobs. I pulled her close to me.

I wanted to scream, this wasn't supposed to happen. Being alive doesn't solve anything, if anything it makes things worse. I had nothing to say to anyone, I wasn't sorry, I wasn't happy. Brian emerged from the doorway carrying a tray of food.

"Good afternoon, Eden." He smiled at me, and started eating what was on his tray.

"Hello." I replied, leaving my expression blank. Megan was still laying next to me, she had a lock of my hair in her hand and was twisting it. It was so quiet, and maybe that's how I wanted it, but it really just made things harder.

"You have really got to try this pie! I don't know why they say that hospital food is gross because this... Well this is just the bomb!" Brian was obviously trying to make it less awkward.

"These bandages sure are attractive. Just wait until the paparazzi gets a hold of this."

"Eden stop. Please." Aunt Christa said.

"No. I don't want to stop. I didn't want to live either, I wanted to die." This time Megan got up from my bed and went over to Brian. She fell into his arms, collapsing in sobs. "I know that's not something you'd want to hear, but this time I'm not lying to you. I don't want to hurt you, none of you, and I've been dealing with this for some time. It was my secret, now everyone knows. Now I just really want to eat, can I go to the cafeteria?" Megan and Christa both had tears rolling off their cheeks.

"I'll take you." Brian smiled.

~~~~~~~~~

//Megan//

I almost lost my daughter last night, the scary part is that I didn't do anything to prevent it. After the interview, instead of helping her and making sure she knew he had somebody, I grabbed the vodka bottle.

"Christa. How did this all go so wrong?" She came and sat by me, slowly rubbing my back.

"Eden has had her past, you can't change it. She did what she thought she needed to because she wanted it to stop haunting her. You're in the present watching your daughter fade, and in the future, what's going to become of her? You can't be thinking about yourself at a time like this. In order to make things better you're going to have to forget about you for a while." She said softly.

"I pushed her too far, not on purpose. But breaking the door to find her on the ground, her arms.. All you could see was blood; soaked into her clothes, on the floor, covering her arms. All of this because she didn't think her life was worth it..." The image was burned into my eyes. "I thought she really was dead..."

~~~~~~~~~

The next day we were able to leave, Eden seemed to be doing better. I had my agent free my schedule until Sean Saves The World rehearsal starts. We decorated Eden's room with Christmas lights, and painted lyrics from her favorite songs on the walls. The first night she got back I slept right next to her, scared to let her go, scared to lose her. She's my perfect little girl, she always has been... I just didn't give her the attention she needed.