Chapter 13

NOTE: Yes, I do realize I use lyrics at the end, and I hope it's easy to follow. The song is "Fine" by Adam Gwon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//Eden//

The door slammed behind me, as I fell into my bed, collapsing in tears. How could she take me away from Kellin right after he woke up? My head still hurt, but I couldn't get an aspirin because then she would know.

"Eden! We need to talk. Open this door now!" She pounded.

"Can you please just go away?!" I yelled back.

"I am not leaving this spot until you get your ass out here to talk to me!"

"Why? So you can talk about what a horrible child I am, and that I'm such an idiot for going out?" I stood up and wiped my eyes, I was going to face her.

"Stop turning this all on me, Eden!" She shouted through the door.

"It all leads back to you." I mumbled, walking up to the door and opening it. Megan stood as tall as me, and had one hand on her hip, she stepped back.

"Will you please explain to me why you would sneak out in the middle of the night?"

"I wanted to see an old friend."

"Oh yeah? Who? Should I be worried that you're pregnant!?"

"No!! God, you don't even know me! I'm not looking to have sex all the time if that's what you think!"

"Oh, I don't know you?! All I know is what you've shown me, which is drinking, self destruction, sex, drugs, sneaking around, and violence. I don't like this kind of behavior, especially from a 14 year old!"

"Stop acting like you're Mother Theresa! Up until a few weeks ago, you could care less about what I was doing! Stop making such a big deal out of nothing!"

"Nothing?! That was not nothing! What is it going to take for you to stop doing these things? I am really trying to turn things around for all of us, and you don't even let me. Every other day I have to fight with you! I can't do that, it's so hard on me-"

"Oh, this is hard on you? You almost killed me before I was born, and I have to live with that every single day. You left me to fend for myself, so that you could go out drinking with your friends! Do you not get it? Life isn't hard for you, everything you want you get." I yelled, pulling up my sleeve, "These cuts are reminders, so that I can't forget what I have gone through. I'm sorry you don't have a perfect daughter to take to your little interview or red carpet walks. Just because you don't like who I am, doesn't mean I'm going to change!"

"I don't want you to be perfect, Eden! I just want you to stop doing things that could put you in danger. I care about you, although you don't seem to see it! How many times do I have to apologize for the past?"

"I don't know. Maybe until you actually mean it!"

"Dammit Eden! I have put down everything for you, I am trying so hard for you to forgive me. You won't even give me a chance before putting me down!"

"How many chances do you need? I waited for a mother when I was little, I always imagined having a different mom. Eventually I gave up on you, and I don't need you!" I spat.

"You may not think you need me, but you do. Things will only get worse from here, don't you see? I will not have my daughter be some drug addict on the streets!"

"I want Aunt Christa." I pursed my lips and slammed my bedroom door. My phone was on my bed, and I quickly dialed Aunt C's number.

"Hey Eden!"