Chapter Three

There's a Bomb in the Underground

Athena was having trouble deciding whether or not she actually wanted to go to 221B for tea with John and Sherlock. She still hadn't forgiven her father quite yet, but on the other hand, she had John with her, who always was able to handle Sherlock when she couldn't. They were going to talk about a case that was presented to Sherlock, surprisingly by Mycroft.

Athena knew all about Sherlock's adventures with different companions, trying his very best to find one that fit like John. He actually had the nerve to call her once, inviting her along for a case. (She had told him to stick his bloody phone up his ass, and it'd be a cold day in hell before she went anywhere with him).

Eventually, John came around just enough to rejoin his friend, just this once- or so he said.

Athena was not buying it at all. She knew after this they would be best friends again, and that made her livid. She didn't believe that Sherlock deserved forgiveness quite yet.

"Athena! I'm leaving in ten minutes! If you're coming, you need to hurry!" John called from down the stairs.

Athena sighed and stood. Her curls were a mess, tangled in multiple knots and frayed in every direction. She hadn't changed out of her pajamas either. It'd be easier for her to just not go. But then again, she'd never liked easy.

So she sprayed some detangler in her hair and rain her fingers through it haphazardly while she threw on some jeans and a Sleeping with Sirens shirt, brushing her teeth quickly as she stumbled into her bathroom to find her boots.

She was ready with a minute to spare, and as Athena bolted down the stairs, Mary looked at her then to John, who was shrugging on his jacket. "Told you."

Athena couldn't care less. She was busy pulling her left shoe over her foot and hopping to the coat rack. Once she had her shoe on, she steadied herself and grabbed her read peacoat and pulled it over her arms and torso.

"I'm assuming the cab's outside right now," she said, feeling her pocket for her phone.

"Right," John said. He paused for a moment before opening his mouth.

She cut him off. "This doesn't mean I forgive him."

He looked over her skeptically and opened his mouth again.

"This also doesn't mean that I'm going to be running about with him again."

John smiled to himself as she turned to the door. "Right."

"I mean it, John. I'm not ready to forgive him."

He eyes lit up with amusement. "Right. I didn't say you were."

Then, they clambered into the cab and sped off to Baker Street, leaving Mary chuckling to herself and popping open a bottle of wine. They would definitely be a while.(AN: Mary is totally me, oh my god.)

Athena and John pulled up to 221B and stepped out of the cab quickly. Sherlock was standing on the top step in front of the door, a smile gracing his face and his trench coat and scarf flowing lightly in the breeze. John stepped out of the car and gave him a skeptical look.