Chapter Nine

LilyAnne Part 2

Athena inhaled sharply, allowing the familiar scent of coffee beans and cologne- just like Joseph. Figures his house would smell the exact same.

"Why did you bring me here?" she inquired, now released from his grip.

"I don't suppose you have anywhere better? Where else am I supposed to keep hostages?"

She smiled. "Is that what I am? What happened to those- ah, what did you call them?- romantic interests?"

A million emotions were swimming through her gut, but she ignored them. It was all for her mother- she had to know. It was time to act smart, to prove herself to herself and get what she wanted by herself.

"Oh, princesa, to you have to be so evasive? We both have goals here." He set his camera on a nearby table and placed his arm around her shoulders.

"What a shame, I was hoping you'd show me around," she said coyly, leaning into him.

She was going to play him like a violin, plucking just the right strings to get what she wanted.

She could feel his heart pounding greatly. Good. She was definitely on the right track.

He gulped. "Is that what you want?" he said breathily. "Alright," his hand made it's way to hers, "it's not much, but it's mine- ours."

So he showed her the kitchen and the spare bathrooms and bedrooms as well as the dining area and his game room before stopping at the master bedroom.

"This is where I'll be keeping you for a while. I've got high security systems and the best locks on the black market," he said, opening the door. "I'm sure even Moriarty couldn't get his hands on them."

She made a small sound in the back of her throat and stepping inside the room. No sharp objects mind a pair of nail clippers and files and cuticle cutters, windows barred, en suite bathroom, large vanity, larger bed, carpet, chains on the wall.

"I know you're looking for an escape, but I have everything covered, princesa." He finished locking the door again and wrapped his arm around her hips.

Oh, but he didn't. She had her phone, and a nail file, potentially a few bobby pins. Escaping would be easy, if she wanted to- but she needed her information first.

"You think so lowly of me," she said. "I'd at least stay the night first."

He chuckled and motioned for her to get comfortable on the bed. "If you continue to talk like that, I'll use the chains."

She laughed. "Kinky." Then, sobering, she said, "You wouldn't really, though. I can't imagine allowing myself to get that out of hand- especially with the information you're holding over my head."

He hummed quietly and sat beside her, tracing patterns on her leg with his index finger. He seemed to be enjoying this, whatever it was. Perhaps for him it was peaceful. Athena, on the other hand, was analyzing the room as quickly as she could.

Barred windows were out, and the door. Perhaps the window in the bathroom, but it was much too small. She had her phone, that was quite good. She could do what she did when she was fifteen and crawl through the ventilation shaft- did she even tell him that story? No, it was safe.