Celebrating with the GAC

Celebration with the GAC

We left a while after our meeting, the guys treated me to a celebration lunch.

Eating burgers at a local diner was my choice, it impressed the guys that I'm a burger girl.

"I usually eat chicken, but burgers will do. I swear I'm a cheap date."

All three of them laughed to my joke.

"So am I," Nick added.

"Yeah, I saw the Preston Castle vlog. Loved it, even the Bigfoot vlog was Laugh Out Loud funny."

I chuckled to the hilarious memory.

They laughed as they remembered the video,

"It was fun to make." Aaron added.

"Sure looked like it. My cousin and I make similar videos, which always makes us laugh especially when we mess up on camera." I smiled then bit a huge chunk out of my hamburger.

"How did you find out about us? I mean-" Zak asked, but I answered quickly after finishing my food.

"I saw the Poveglia episode back in November 2009 and kept watching since. I did get freaked out a few times, but I was happy to see that paranormal really does exist."

I suddenly heard a familiar song on the radio behind us, hoisted on a shelf above the seats.

"That's...Johanna. Bobby Mackey wrote that."

"How'd you know?" Zak asked.

"After watching Bobby Mackey's Music World, I decided to listen to the song. The story makes sense after I watched the episode, and the music itself sounds good. I can see why you guys like it, it's a nice song." I explained.

"Zak and I listened to it for several years, it's nice to know that one of our fans like it, too." Nick said.

"Cool." I said as we sat around the table, reflecting on the lockdown.

"Halden Mansion, that's gonna be a popular one for you guys."

"And for you, too." Zak replied.

"Yeah." I grinned a smile,

"I can't wait to see what everyone will think."

"We'll definitely remember it for a long time." Zak replied and tended to his burger.

"I will, too." I acknowledged the memories to come.
------

After we finished our lunch, I still had a few hours before I needed to catch the bus back home, so I decided to hang with them for a while longer.

We took a ride around town and stopped by a country-style market.

We just walked around, enjoying the sunny skies, and luscious green landscape.

Zak and Aaron were occupied with a booth full of Wild West style gear, looking for trigger objects for the next Western Style lockdown.

Nick and I continued to walk the gravel road,

"Nick, I wanted to thank you for helping me during the lockdown."

"Oh, it's no problem." he replied.

"I just hoped that you didn't feel awkward about me, being the way I was."

"It's all right, really."

I smiled and had one other thing on my mind,

"As I watched the show, I came to admire you in a role model sort of way." I paused, I saw an expression of surprise rise in his face.

"My father hasn't been around as often as he should've been."

"Oh, how so? If you don't mind me asking..."

I thought about it for a minute, figuring out how much to tell him since I don't usually speak out about my past.

"I...don't know everything about what happened yet, but you help me feel better whenever I needed to be cheered up."

"Well, I'm happy that I could be there for you."

We suddenly heard rambunctious laughter, looked behind us and saw Zak and Aaron mimicking a Wild West draw.

I nodded in disbelief, we chuckled as they continued to their fun.

I looked up as he stood beside me.

"Just thought I'd let you know that."

He smiled and placed his hand on my shoulder, we decided to walk back to the booth to meet up with Zak and Aaron.
-----

The guys gave me a ride to the closest Trailways bus station, the boarding call announced over the loud speaker so I turned back to them.

"On my way back home."

"Hope to see you again." Zak said with a smile.

"Me, too." I nodded.

Gave them each a friendly hug then grabbed my bags.

Stepped up into the air-conditioned aisle and sat in window seat up front, waving farewell to them as the bus pulled away.

I deeply hoped that one day, I will see them again.