Discussions and Dinosaurs

"Oh! Is it play with Cupcake time? Me next! I'll do the legs," Luke shouts merrily as he comes into the room. "Heyyyyy," he whines as he rubs the spot where a pizza crust made contact with the back of his head before dropping to the floor.

Owen clears his throat and steps out from behind me. Nate turns red, but winks before stepping away. I'm a little saddened by the loss of their body heat so near me, but step down from the stack of books Owen had me stand on.

Bending over to pick them up, I'm shocked into doing a somersault when North booms from the edge of the room, "Don't make her lift those!"

I squawk as I thump back onto my bottom. My hair is everywhere, but I manage to glare in his direction through the strands. His eye are wide as he rushes to me and scoops me up in a smooth motion.

"I'm so sorry I scared you, Baby," he pleads for the forgiveness that his genuine concern instantly guarantees.

"It's alright, North. I'm just glad I remembered not to use my arms to catch myself," I reassure softly as I pat the chest I'm cradled against.

He seems to be holding his breath while searching my eyes. Seeing what he was needing to see, he paces forward and deposits me in Victor's lap where he had watched the 'Sang's A Goofball' Show.

"Hello, my Prince," I murmur, trying to play off my nerves. His glassy eyes are extra bright as he smiles widely.

"Princess! You smell good." His words are so adorably happy.

North snorts as he carries the pile of books away, and having nothing to say about that, I smile and pat Victor's head. Seems like a reasonable thing to do when someone sniffs you, after all. I look around the room for some help with dealing with a very tipsy Victor, but the guys that are still conscious all stare, with goofy smiles or slightly envious looks gracing their handsome faces. Even Owen is watching Victor's antics intently—that is, between his exaggeratedly slow blinks he's watching.

"It's probably a good idea to figure out who's sleeping where while we still have conscious people around to get the sleepyheads to bed," I suggest while pointing to Gabe, Kota, Sean, and Silas.

"That's a grand idea, Sang. I believe Sean is fine where he is. Mr. Griffin and Mr. Lee can share his bed. Mr. Morgan may take the couch. I do not believe we will be able to move Mr. Korba safely, so we will try to make him comfortable where he is. Mr. Coleman may as well sleep on the floor as well. He isn't very pleasant if we accidentally wake him. The elder Taylor can join them on the floor," Owen tapers off and looks to be counting on his fingers as we attempt to get the sleeping boys settled and covered with the blankets that were piled near the wall.

"What about you, North, and me?" I inquire, trying to save his poor, fuzzy brain.

"I'll take you to Mr. Griffin's room, Baby. You can have the waterbed," North offers.

Owen's eyes narrow slightly as he looks between North and me. Coming to a conclusion only Owen would understand the reasoning for, he nods. I wait until Nate drags Kota off to his lair before following North through the kitchen to a closed door I never noticed. North opens it and reaches inside to flip the light switch. Shuffling in next to North, I eye the large waterbed with a dusty comforter covering it. The air shifts behind me, and I know Owen has followed us.

"Not used much, huh?" I inquire.

"Not since most of my brothers came of age. Mr. Taylor, please retrieve some sleepwear from my vehicle for Sang," Owen orders, oh-so-politely.

North's face doesn't change much, but I get the impression that he's suspicious of Owen's motives. Instead of saying anything, his eyebrow quirks, and he smirks before leaving the room to complete his task.