one time too many. ( 3)

Monday morning 7:30 am.

D E N I S E  :

" Good Morning Davis High school, home of the mighty falcons, pep rally is today so get ready to show your spirit! , today is the last and final day of tickets, anyone without a ticket or who is roaming the halls without an excuse will receive detention.

I was two seconds away from falling asleep in class and school just started less than  ten minutes ago.

I sat there and let the principal ramble on about seniors signing up for college and getting money grams.

I noticed legend walk in and take his normal seat ,which was directly in front of me in the back of the class which surprised me because normally he's always late.

I was about to finally lay my head down on my desk and fall asleep since his body would block the teacher's view from seeing me.

As i got comfortable a felt a hand touch mine and a folded piece of paper slipped under my fingers.

I yawned and opened the letter

" you enjoy the party?"

It was legend writing me, i barely spoke to him, so for him to write me something crazy had to happen Friday night,  only sad part is i don't remember anything.

" i don't remember anything :/ "

I wrote back.

Earning looks from the girls in the class i smiled as we talked through out the class period. 

" damn that fucked up huh? Lol"

" lol I guess so"

" why did your friend leave, I went to perform and then after I finished someone told me y'all dipped "

" I was hella drunk so she brung me home. "

" what's her name?"

" Candice"

" cool cool , can you tell her I thought she looked really nice that  night, i never got a chance to. And I have to leave early so I won't see her in calculus today. "

" no problem, only if you hook me up with zyan"

" lol seriously? "

" He single right?"

" yeah, I'm not match maker but since you let me borrow ya hmwrk that one time I'll see ma."

Before I could reply, the paper was snatched up from my desk.

I rolled my eyes " why are you two passing notes in my class?"

" you told us not to talk so.." I trailed off

" Ms. Martelle, how about you stand up and read this note to the class."

I stood up and took the note out of her hand.

I glanced at the clock and realized we had less than a minute left.

Legend watched me as I stood, taking my dear time grabbing my belongings in the process.

"Any day now miss. Martelle"

" im going, I'm going" earning small laughs from the students

"Legend asked me-"

And right on cue the bell rung.

" aw damn ms. Lockridge,  maybe next time"  i smiled and exited the room only to be stopped my mariah.