Bonus Chapter 55: Honesty

"Hey, can we talk for a second before we have to leave." she asks, fiddling with the strap of the journal hidden behind her back.

"Sure! What's up?" He gets up and holds her shoulders. "Are you okay?"

"Um...yeah. You should probably sit down." She says. "I'm a little scared about how you will react."

"Oh no, you-" she cuts him off.

"Nonononono! It's not what you think. Here," she thrusts her journal into his hands.

"What's this?"

"I..i'ts my journal I kept throughout the last 2 years of high school." She quietly says. "It's about you and other drama."

"I understand if you're freaked out."

"No. I'm...I'm honestly flattered. I get to read your thoughts. You weren't exactly the most open person." you chuckle.

He flips to the first page.

"Oh hell no. You are not going to read it out loud!" she asks...horrified that he will read her deepest confessions about high school. Most importantly...him.

With a hand on her waist, he sits her down next to him.

He begins to read.

"Entry no. 1: Sleep."

She leans into him and hugs him.

He starts again, "Entry no. 1: Sleep. I loved you...no, I love you. But I didn't know it then......."

She sleeps with a smile, realizing that although it was cliché, she felt happy.